DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Banned
3,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this is old news (about factory speakers).... anyways........ ended up having some lock issues with the truck this morning, key wouldnt work...all that good stuff. Had to take the door panels off and in the middle of dealing with the lock issues I looked down and said to myself...."My factory speakers are Crap"...........I'm the king of off task as I drove to Best Buy with door panels off, wires hanging out, the whole nine yards.....Long story short, just by replacing the crap 6x9's in the front doors makes a world of difference. My truck speakers sound great....now if I could only open the damn door!!!!!! LOL!!!!!!

·
2010 SRT8 Challenger
12,435 Posts
what speakers did you go with? do you have aftermarket headunit or stock cd player?

·
Banned
3,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
rb513 said:
what speakers did you go with? do you have aftermarket headunit or stock cd player?
I picked up some Pioneer's and its with the Stock Headunit. Back in the day I was big on getting aftermarket headunits, Subs, Amps and that jazz but after you get alot of chit broken into.......You get the point!!!! :D

·
Banned
3,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Albert1500 said:
hahahahaha :thatfunny

nice! :)

^^^Glad you find that funny......I was making fun of myself when the guy next door was asking if I had fixed my lock issues !!!! :rck:

·
Same Name, Different Game
9,640 Posts
Wasinger12 said:
I know this is old news (about factory speakers).... anyways........ ended up having some lock issues with the truck this morning, key wouldnt work...all that good stuff. Had to take the door panels off and in the middle of dealing with the lock issues I looked down and said to myself...."My factory speakers are Crap"...........I'm the king of off task as I drove to Best Buy with door panels off, wires hanging out, the whole nine yards.....Long story short, just by replacing the crap 6x9's in the front doors makes a world of difference. My truck speakers sound great....now if I could only open the damn door!!!!!! LOL!!!!!!
:thatfunny

"The King of Off Task" Too Damn Funny

·
You've been Hijacked
14,749 Posts
did you splice into the stock speaker wire, or did best buy have plug adapters?

·
Banned
3,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
quietpeen said:
did you splice into the stock speaker wire, or did best buy have plug adapters?
LOL!!! I'm not going to pay best buy's high school kids to do it. All jokes aside..... I removed the shock adapters and splice into it with wire nuts using the stuff that came with the new speakers...zipped tied everything up and it's pretty as pink...LOL !!!

·
Registered
922 Posts
yea, the stock speakers are def junk. i replaced all my speakers and added dual 10" subs about 2 months after i bought the truck. it sounds real good now, but i still need to get the jlaudio cleansweep so i can make the front door speakers 3 way instead of all bass freq. replacing the stock speakers is like taking a blanket off of them isn't it? :D Waaay too muffled and muddy with the stock junk.

·
Banned
3,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
stevearino said:
yea, the stock speakers are def junk. i replaced all my speakers and added dual 10" subs about 2 months after i bought the truck. it sounds real good now, but i still need to get the jlaudio cleansweep so i can make the front door speakers 3 way instead of all bass freq. replacing the stock speakers is like taking a blanket off of them isn't it? :D Waaay too muffled and muddy with the stock junk.

^^^Agree^^^

·
Registered
242 Posts
How big of a pain is it to remove the door panels? Also, were their any issues mounting the 6X9's? Thanks!

Donnie

·
Rollin On 4:56's
1,835 Posts
great idea man. thats what i'm gunna to in a few weeks. can you take a few kodaks of it? did you change out the dash ones as well?

·
Banned
3,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
fpdsniper said:
How big of a pain is it to remove the door panels? Also, were their any issues mounting the 6X9's? Thanks!

Donnie
Very simple. Removed 4 screws and the door handle and pull up!!!!! I didnt have mounting issues.

**Just a note...My truck is a quad cab that has 6x9's in the front doors and 5.25" speakers in the rear doors.

Attachments

·
1,835 Posts
it really is easy&quick. i was apprehensive about removing all that when i decided to get my handles,mirrors,cowl and antenna thingy done, but with all the help&reassurance from all the guys at dt, it was a breeze!

·
Banned
3,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
VengefulHemi said:
great idea man. thats what i'm gunna to in a few weeks. can you take a few kodaks of it? did you change out the dash ones as well?
Just for you....I just went out and pulled the panel to get you pics!!!! I dont have speakers in the dash of my truck!!!!

Attachments

·
1,835 Posts
man, thats great, love'm. how much did they set you back? if you dont mind me being nosy? you did 4 doors?

·
Banned
3,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I got 4 speakers to do all 4 doors....but I need still need to install the 5.25's in the rear doors....I wasnt liking the way they were lining up with the factory holes and I need to drill some new holes...might do that today!!! I didnt spend to much....I think around $130 or so....

·
If only I had more $$$
3,700 Posts
Thanks for the pictures

·
Slammed 1 Suspensions
2,095 Posts
I need some of the factory 6x9's with the factory connectors intact if anybody wants to get rid of them.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.