Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I have a 03 Quad Cab 1500 4x4 tow package stick and a 4.7L motor. Can I swap my 4.7L with a 5.7L (anyway the new hemi) without may problems? Any ideas on where I can get the bigger motor?

Thanks,
want2tow

·
Seriously.
1,446 Posts
why would you want to frankenstein such a new truck? you'd be better off selling it for a 5.7 by far. the cost on a used/crate hemi alone would probably be more than trading to a similar model/year with a hemi already in it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The truck is paid off and I was trying to save a couple of bucks. Your right. I should buy the 5.9L or a an older Dodge diesel instead. My Uncle, the gear head, at first told me to see if 1) the 5.9L block size, 2) bell housing, 3) computer pinout are all the same. Then he said I should instead trade it in on something with more power than I need. Don't get me wrong the 4.7L is a great around truck. I want to pull 4,000 pound trailers over the Rocky Mountians at 90mph. lol

Thanks

·
Registered
476 Posts
why not just do a few simple upgrades to the 4.7 like headers, exhaust system, hiflow filter, and a cam. Much easier than swaping out for a 5.7 liter

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.