DodgeTalk Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello there been using this page for quiet some time now. Well back story I cracked my uconnect radio so I placed an aftermarket radio in my car and used the cig lighter for power because my car has the can wires. Had subs and amp hooked up for a few months no issues until one day out of no where my transmission started to make my car buck and surge. Well found out my solenoid was stuck open so I took out my valve body and checked all my solenoids, everything checked out changed my fluid and code was gone however my throttle light and abs traction light was on and I was getting map and maf sensor codes saying circuit was high, lost connection with radio was stored along with torque converter high circuit all high circuit codes. So I changed my sensors still nothing bought a new battery because it kept dying and not holding charges so I put the trust multimeter and sure enough volts but no amps. We’ll still same codes even after cleared and in limp mode. So I checked all wires fuses and my grounds are not working on my sensors then I pulled out my radio thinking maybe a wire touched or something well turns out my ex had cut my original car harness and including my can bus wires were just open and sitting in my dash. So my theory is that since it’s all on that can circuit I’m getting false codes and I need to figure out how to close off these wires. Can I solder them? Cap them off. Or do I need to re wire the radio connection harness to the pcm? Or can I add a transmitter to make sure I’m getting the right ohms and then cap it off…. I been doing this all myself and I’m pretty sure I can handle it I just need some guidance on what I can do. Also he said my trans wasn’t flashed when I had my car serviced for a recall. What do I do about that and will I need to do that for the car to work after fixing the wires…. Any thoughts????

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello there been using this page for quiet some time now. Well back story I cracked my uconnect radio so I placed an aftermarket radio in my car and used the cig lighter for power because my car has the can wires. Had subs and amp hooked up for a few months no issues until one day out of no where my transmission started to make my car buck and surge. Well found out my solenoid was stuck open so I took out my valve body and checked all my solenoids, everything checked out changed my fluid and code was gone however my throttle light and abs traction light was on and I was getting map and maf sensor codes saying circuit was high, lost connection with radio was stored along with torque converter high circuit all high circuit codes. So I changed my sensors still nothing bought a new battery because it kept dying and not holding charges so I put the trust multimeter and sure enough volts but no amps. We’ll still same codes even after cleared and in limp mode. So I checked all wires fuses and my grounds are not working on my sensors then I pulled out my radio thinking maybe a wire touched or something well turns out my ex had cut my original car harness and including my can bus wires were just open and sitting in my dash. So my theory is that since it’s all on that can circuit I’m getting false codes and I need to figure out how to close off these wires. Can I solder them? Cap them off. Or do I need to re wire the radio connection harness to the pcm? Or can I add a transmitter to make sure I’m getting the right ohms and then cap it off…. I been doing this all myself and I’m pretty sure I can handle it I just need some guidance on what I can do. Also he said my trans wasn’t flashed when I had my car serviced for a recall. What do I do about that and will I need to do that for the car to work after fixing the wires…. Any thoughts????
♤◇♤◇♤◇
Hey how is it going? From the sounds of it, seems that you are having a messed up time with all those problems. Just have a couple questions and then possibly a fix to all your problems. How long after the radio was installed did all this start and you noticing the CAN-Bus disconnected? And what is the year, make, and model of your ride? Just from your description though you should just need to add a resistor (120 ohm) between those two wires. Don't tie either wire to power or ground.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
♤◇♤◇♤◇
Hey how is it going? From the sounds of it, seems that you are having a messed up time with all those problems. Just have a couple questions and then possibly a fix to all your problems. How long after the radio was installed did all this start and you noticing the CAN-Bus disconnected? And what is the year, make, and model of your ride? Just from your description though you should just need to add a resistor (120 ohm) between those two wires. Don't tie either wire to power or ground.
2011 Dodge Caliber Main Street. Yes the wires that were on the factory harness were cut and just exposed so I’m stuck on how to cap them off. So just a resistor on both ends of those wires? Where can I find the part for that?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
♤◇♤◇♤◇
Also it was about 4/6 months after they were cut I noticed my issues starting.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts