DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I rented a new Charger this week in Dallas. Strictly base model cause that is all they had. Vanilla with only the 2.7 V6. Guess they are putting the 2.7 in rentals. Overall the car is nicer up close than in pics. Road and handle well but could use the HEMI power and some of the luxuries that come with the R/T. I had 2 other people with me and getting in out of of the back seat for tall people was a problem. I am 5' 7" and had no problem. The person in the back did complain about the hot Texas sun coming through the sloped back window on their neck and shoulders. The back window could use some more tinting. Most of the controls were similar to my '04 Durango so driving was not so unfamiliar. I think this car will be a good seller for Dodge especially the HEMI.

·
Registered
342 Posts
I never thought about the sun problem, but I hear the same thing when people are crammed in the back of my Daytona. Another good reason to stay in the drivers seat!!

·
Jeep Driver
32,497 Posts
That car had to be a 3.5.......they aren't building any Chargers with 2.7's.

In mid-year '06 the 2.7-liter in the Magnums and 300's will become a fleet-only option, however.

·
C HEMI GO
1,739 Posts
I think you get that sun problem in every coupe and many sedans that have a decent sized back window. I thinted my Avenger and wife's intrepid but there are a lot of people who don't like tint. I showed a friend my wife's intrepid after I tinted the side and back windows and he told me he didn't like how dark the windshield was. Not sure if he believed me when I told him it wasn't tinted.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It definitely was the 2.7. I know cause I opened the hood. It was from Dollar rental in Dallas. I am sure they qualify as a fleet car buyer.

·
Jeep Driver
32,497 Posts
HEMI x 2 said:
It definitely was the 2.7. I know cause I opened the hood. It was from Dollar rental in Dallas. I am sure they qualify as a fleet car buyer.
Well that is news to me! Everything Chrysler released on the Charger said no 2.7 would be offered. I guess that it does make sense from a business standpoint to put this engine in the fleet cars. I just wonder if this was mentioned anywhere when the car first debuted, or if I just missed it.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I did see something about the 2.7 before this past week. It could have been over at the LX forums. Never gave it a 2nd thought because if I buy one it will be an R/T. When I got too Dallas Sunday night I was thinking of upgrading to a 300C. They did not have one available only regular 300s but they had this one Charger so I took it. I did not bother to look under the hood till the next day.

·
Registered
10 Posts
The 2.7 is a fleet-only option. Thank goodness. They're going to have a hard time moving those on the used car market.

I sat in my first Charger last night at Freehold Dodge in NJ. The car looks so mean in person. I love it. I parked my Dad's Magnum in front of it and compared the two. I'm not sure what I like better. I predict that this car will do very well!

·
Registered
163 Posts
I'm wondering how I will look driving in my Charger (whenever I get the money to get one). I guess I really don't care cuz I'll be having too much fun driving. Midnight Blue/RT. nuf said.

·
5 Years... 6 Dodges
25,280 Posts
Where'd you get it from? I looked online because I'm heading down there in a month and wouldn't mind whipping around in one. Also, how much did it run you if you don't mind?

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Dollar rental at Love Field. I reserved a Neon and when I arrived I saw they had 1 Charger on the lot so I upgraded. I find sometimes if you wait until you get to the counter they may give you a break on the upgrade. $25 per day for the Neon plus another $25 per day for the upgrade plus all the taxes and fees.

Although it was "adequate" with the 2.7 you will not be "whipping" around

·
5 Years... 6 Dodges
25,280 Posts
Oh, just wait till I get init... I'll whip the sum bitch around. lol

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.