DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
B Scott
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was removing my front door panels tonight because I plan to put in some new in-door speakers, but I got stuck once the entire panel was off and was still attached to the handle and lock rods.

What do I need to do to detach these? It seemed that I needed to pop off the part where the metal rods were fitted into tiny plastic pieces but I had no luck and didn't want to yank too hard and break anything.

I'm an amateur with these things so please help me out. :crazy:

·
Neon bug bites again
1,272 Posts
Hmmm i hope its not the same on the 1st gens cause i need to tighten mine up.

when i switched the doors on my car i couldnt even get the window cranks of because i dont have the crank puller tool so to hook up my power locks i just pried it back and wedged a screwdriver in their so i could fit my hands.

·
Registered
316 Posts
I think on yours if you pull out on the handle as if your opening the door then there should be a phillips head screw there.

On a 1st gen window crank put a shop rag between the handle and panel and slide it back and forth until the clip comes out.

Neons.org has a great section on adjusting the windows in a 1st gen.I got pretty good at it since I hate rattles and window whistling. good luck.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
lol, i installed my alpines without taking the whole panel off.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.