DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does removing the tailpipe after a muffler change the sound? I just had a 40 series installed on my 3.7L. And i am wondering if it will change the sound.

Thanks Sean

·
Banned
524 Posts
oh hell yeah it will! You have the 3.7L engine? I'm not familiar with how it'll sound....I've got the deltaflow 40 on my 4.7 and I'm dumping it this weekend

·
derekrf
385 Posts
I want to dump mine, but I kind of had a question as to whether exhaust gasses will be bothersome while sitting stopped at a light with the windows down. Any thoughts?

·
Banned
3,902 Posts
Not at all!!! Dump it!!!!!

·
Vertically-Challenged
12,020 Posts
that whole exhaust gasses entering car is such BS. Im no scientist but with the windows down, at a stop light or going on the freeway your getting so much more air to pretty much "block" out the "bad" air. I hate when the news says that. Your not going to sit at a light long enough to collect enough terrible gasses to kill or even harm you.

DUMP THE EXHAUST!!!!!! I DID!!!!!

·
Banned
3,902 Posts
SamCarroll said:
that whole exhaust gasses entering car is such BS. Im no scientist but with the windows down, at a stop light or going on the freeway your getting so much more air to pretty much "block" out the "bad" air. I hate when the news says that. Your not going to sit at a light long enough to collect enough terrible gasses to kill or even harm you.

DUMP THE EXHAUST!!!!!! I DID!!!!!
I have my cutout before the cats, and when I sit at a light or at idle.....I can kinda smell some gases, but not much.

·
Vertically-Challenged
12,020 Posts
Well, im not totally doubting that it can but im saying to the extent they tell you i dont believe. My cougar is dumped right under the middle of the car. and my windows are always down and i dont smell any gasses. I smell gas when i stop but thats becuase my carb.

·
Banned
3,902 Posts
SamCarroll said:
Well, im not totally doubting that it can but im saying to the extent they tell you i dont believe. My cougar is dumped right under the middle of the car. and my windows are always down and i dont smell any gasses. I smell gas when i stop but thats becuase my carb.
Ohh...I know that. I agree with ya. Just dumping before or after the muffler, you will be fine. No gases!

·
Vertically-Challenged
12,020 Posts
Mine is dumped out of the can but right after the cab right before the bed. Shakes the truck when you gun it. AWESOME sound.

·
Banned
3,902 Posts
SamCarroll said:
Mine is dumped out of the can but right after the cab right before the bed. Shakes the truck when you gun it. AWESOME sound.
I bet. My mirrors rattle when I idle....its nuts! The sound is awesome....very loud, not as deep. But I am trying to make it deeper!!!

·
Vertically-Challenged
12,020 Posts
I have Flowmaster 50s and they are very deep. i also drive around town with tow/haul on so it wont lug and sound like crap around town. NICE!!!!!

·
Banned
3,902 Posts
SamCarroll said:
I have Flowmaster 50s and they are very deep. i also drive around town with tow/haul on so it wont lug and sound like crap around town. NICE!!!!!
LOL! Never thought of that. :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.