DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
SRT-4
3,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do you remove the front door windows???

I re-tinted my front windows (20%) and it didnt come out as good as I wished because I did them with the windows in and it was my first time ever tinting.

So I'm thinking about re-doing it but taking the windows out this time to do a better job.

I had the door panel off but couldnt see at all how you'd take the window out

BTW anyone thinking about trying to tint, its really not as hard as its usually made out to be. Mine actually came out really good as far as the main part of the window goes. The only problem is the fact I obviouslly didnt clean the window good enough - I removed old tint before tinting and found once I put the new tint on there was still old glue mainly around the edges were its hard to reach with the windows in, which is why I want to take them out to do a more quality job.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Just my 02 cents, but I would have it done. I paid $80 for the fronts to be done with a higher end tint. They do it without taking out the windows and flawless....and with a warranty.
I have put tinting on my vehicles 2 times before and I dont think its worth it.
I would not suggest taking out the windows

·
Registered
219 Posts
i have a service manual at home, I'll look it up and post it for ya.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Get if professionally done. I paid $130 to have all my windows done. I had my backs brought down to 5% and the fronts are 20%. The way they do it is place the tint over the outside of the window and trim it around the opening using the frame as a templete. Then glue it in place on the inside. IT will be a perfect fit for the inside.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Ok here goes,
Remove door panel
remove waterdam
reconnect door switch panel
raise window untill you can see window regulator in sight window(little square towords top of door)
remove two front channel screws
remove inner belt moulding
disengage glass from regulator and lower into door
twist glass forward in door and opening and remove.
I'll be trying this also, so have fun!

·
Registered
358 Posts
I tinted my two front windows without taking the glass out, i did however take off the door panels when i did it. it made it much easier to do at the bottom. the only hard part was on the sides trying to get it in good past the felt. i cleaned both sides of the glass good with a squegee and then traced cut it out on the outside then rolled down the window a little,started at the top and worked my way down. i will be redoing mine however because i want the color to match the rear a little better.

·
Yo Daddy
1,414 Posts
You don't need to take the windows out to have the tinted. I think it was you since it was your first time doing a tint install. When you tint your windows, once there scraped and clean. Roll the window down a hair so you can see the top edge. Then cut the bottom long, you will trim this later. Make sure that your cutting and sizing on the out side of the window with the sticky/clear film side facing out. Once cut to size. With the window cracked. Works the top first, then use a heat gun on the outside of the window making sure that the top has adhered to the window. Roll the window up very carefully, and then work the bottom, center, and edges. Use the heat gun on the outside of the window and work the rest of the bubbles to finish.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.