DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Banned
7,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I HATE that thing, does it actually serve a purpose? Is there any reason for me to leave it there? Also, when I tried to remove it, I took out the screws I could find, and it wouldnt come off...what am I doing wrong?

·
Banned
3,902 Posts
This thing?? Or the one at the very bottom??

Attachments

·
Banned
3,902 Posts
adamsredlines said:
Yep, that thing right at the bottom.
How many screws did you remove?

·
Banned
3,902 Posts
adamsredlines said:
2 or 4, I cant recall now, it was a while ago...
LOL! Have you been hoping it would just fall off while driving??

I would guess its more than 4 screws, but I will check tomorrow and see how many I can find.

·
Banned
7,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Actually, mine is different than yours. I have the factory towhooks up front, so above the foglights there is no plastic piece there. I just want to remove the very bottom piece, below the foglights. It almost looks like its molded to the bumper cover, but I cant tell for sure. Seems like it should be easy to remove, but aparently I was wrong.

·
Banned
3,902 Posts
adamsredlines said:
Actually, mine is different than yours. I have the factory towhooks up front, so above the foglights there is no plastic piece there. I just want to remove the very bottom piece, below the foglights. It almost looks like its molded to the bumper cover, but I cant tell for sure. Seems like it should be easy to remove, but aparently I was wrong.
I know which piece we talking about. The one that women use to see if they are close enough in their parking spot....right???

That piece should be the same, right?

·
Registered
460 Posts
If your bumper is chrome, you'll have to pull on it, or go from behind the bumper to pry the tabs out. There are 5 or 6 of these tab that also hold it in place aside from the screws.

·
Banned
7,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I believe we are talking the same piece....yeah, the one on the very bottom.

My bumper is the color match one (sport appearance package)...

·
Banned
3,902 Posts
adamsredlines said:
I believe we are talking the same piece....yeah, the one on the very bottom.

My bumper is the color match one (sport appearance package)...
Its the same....I will check screws tomorrow.

·
Banned
524 Posts
I think it's a wind deflector/splashguard....I know that if you remove it, and hit a puddle, you might get more water than usual under the hood.

·
Registered
23,005 Posts
It doesn't come off on the sport models Buddy. Its molded to the whole bumper, its all one solid piece. The chrome/metal bumpers have a removable lower airdam, the sport's are fixed. I would get it painted or add the Mopar AirDam/Spoiler cover to it. Or trade me bumpers and you can just remove mine. :D

KB

·
Fade To Black
488 Posts
for comparison, the one on the left is painted black and the one on the right is just the black plastic. i guess you could just cut it off too but it is definitely a molded part of the bumper.

you should be able to click on this to enlage it, i have more pics in my gallery if you need another angle

Attachments

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.