DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im trying to get out my back seats to flip the hook and make it able to fold down. Thisway I can add some amps back there and dynamat. Only problem is the darned things wont come out. My bolts are rusted in. I tried a crecent wrench and it just opens up. tried sockets but they slip. Tried pounding on it to break it free but nothing works.
help :WHT:
Thanks
Batman

·
Retired Guy
1,239 Posts
Sounds like you need the sawzall.. :crazy:
really tho, if they don't come out like that, try taking the sawzall and cutting a groove deep in the bolt head, making it a big slotted screw head.???
try PB Blaster first, they have it at auto parts stores, it will free up anything.
Hope some of that helps/ :dunno: :dunno:

·
Registered
110 Posts
definately soak the hell out of them with pb blaster. spray them from the bottom of the truck too, they go right through to the underside. an impact gun will definately help you out too. using a box end wrench or a 6 point socket will be much better than a cresent or 12point. dont be afraid to add a pipe to the ratchet if you use a socket.

·
5 Years... 6 Dodges
25,280 Posts
That would help... also buy one of those sockets with all the pins in them that will form over the bolt head. Then get a good sturdy ratchet and a good length of bar to slide over it for extra leverage.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
All right guys, thatnks. Im crusin over to the auto parts store to pick up what i need.
Did any one else have this much trouble?
Batman

·
They call me Radio
4,809 Posts
Mine were pretty tough. I couldn't use a regular ratchet to get it loose so I used my 18" breaker bar with a 6 point socket and they came right out. It's all about leverage.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Mine gave me a little trouble, but eventually came right out. I added a little oil to them before I put them back in. Should make it easier next time.

My vote in your case is an impact wrench, or breaker bar. You can get it.

·
LPG Hemi
2,785 Posts
Oiling the threads is a temporary solution.
The oil dries out and then.................back to square 1.
Put on the threads some anti-seize compound such as copperslip.
This will stray on for years and help on the removal of the bolts next time you need them out.
Al.

·
Registered
848 Posts
LPGHemi said:
Oiling the threads is a temporary solution.
The oil dries out and then.................back to square 1.
Put on the threads some anti-seize compound such as copperslip.
This will stray on for years and help on the removal of the bolts next time you need them out.
Al.
+1000 anything that you will be removing frequently shoul get this treatment. I do all my bolts in antisieze , You won't regret it.

·
:D Hello!!!
3,401 Posts
Batman, I bet you Superman could get them out for you!!!!!! Lol!!!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.