DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a broken bolt head on the furthest bolt towards the back of the manifold, pics attached. This is causing an awful leak and blowing heat on the control arm bushing causing it to shrink/melt because the owner before me put a hole in the heat shield. Has anyone removed the passeneger side exhaust manifold without removing the control arm, or pulling the motor off the mounts?The Chilton book reccomends removing the starter, taking off the engine belt, disconnecting the A/C compressor and all this other crap, I cant see how any of it would effect the removal of this manifold. So if you have done this or have any advice please shoot it my way. Thanks!

2001 Dodge Dakota 4x2 4.7L // 140k miles
3" Fabtech Lift
K&N Intake
32" BFG Mud Terrains
Infinity Sound System

Attachments

·
99 R/T,43K miles
613 Posts
i have a 04 and swapped out the manifolds for headers,and the manifolds were easy to take off.a little tight on the passenger side,but it came off without removing anything else though.i sprayed the manifold bolts and the 2 bolts at the manifold/exhaust pipe flange with kroil(or other penetrant/lubricant)and let it set overnight,then they broke loose no problem.then first i would soak that broken stud with penetrant again,and try some vice grips on it,very easy.good luck.

·
Grey RT with Navi.
230 Posts
Did you replace the bolt yet? I had the same problem. I removed the tire and wheel well cover. Manifold was right there. All of the bolts came off easy except the ones on the cat flange.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.