DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well after reading through GTA's post and getting some answers from Mad Titan, I figured I'd give it a shot!

I went down to Midas and talked a guy into making the pipe for me, it cost me a 20 pk of coors lite!

He used a 2 1/2" pipe but It seems that the pipe is smaller around the bends, maybe 2-2 1/4".

With the pipe narrow around the bends, do you guys think it will still flow good?

P.S. loud as hell from the outside, but sounds great to me! Inside the cab is a little louder but also sounds good! Thanks GTA396 and Mad Titan!

Attachments

·
Banned
230 Posts
I have been considering doing that myself.

·
Banned
230 Posts
Hey any performance gain or loss since you removed the muffler?

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well with my 4.7 I feel a slightly better responce. It's hard to tell for me right now cause I haven't really opened it up yet. I'll post more info om my miles and performance soon. It will porbably get better when the computer adjusts.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Do you have a resonator.......or straight out the back?? I have an 04 Hemi and have been considering removing the muffler since reading about Mad Titan running this way.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
PerArdua,
I kept the original tailpipe, It has a small resonator about a foot or two from the rear. If you look in the second pic, you can see it right where the tailpipe meets the rear axel.

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
A friend did that with his Chevy pickup. We figured his cat would serve as a good muffler. It sounds great and isn't too loud in the cab. He has a 5spd manual and shifting through the gears sounds killer.
Looking at the pic of the muffler laying on the ground, it looks like it has captured a lot of heat. That would indicate to me it's pretty restrictive. The stock muffler doesn't sound restrictive though. Wish you could make a sound clip of it...

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
ROCK ON!!!

I'm glad you're happy with it!

Once you get over the improved sound and performance try to keep your foot out of it and let us know how you do on gas mileage.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Lol Mad Titan, it is hard to keep my foot out of it! I tried to today and I seem to be getting 1-2 mpg more, Thats without any highway mileage. I'll need to keep track for a couple of days thoguh just to get a fair reading. I'll keep you guys posted!

By the way Mad Titan, "Vrrrrrrrrrrrrrr - shift - BWAAAAAH!! - Vrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!" Is sooooooo very accurate!

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
:rck: :rck: :rck:

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Quick update,

The past few days I've seemed to be getting about 1.5-2 mpg increase with the straight pipe, also I've noticed more power from about 3-3.5k rpm up.

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
YESSSS!!!! Feel the Force flow!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.