DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Banned
Joined
·
3,902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This morning I tried to remove the black bumper insert but it seems that the four screws are made of plastic and didn't keep their shape. The "phillips" shape from the screw driver is all twisted to hell. If I just cut them off from the top will that work? Thanks in advance!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
32,962 Posts
TTURedRaider09 said:
This morning I tried to remove the black bumper insert but it seems that the four screws are made of plastic and didn't keep their shape. The "phillips" shape from the screw driver is all twisted to hell. If I just cut them off from the top will that work? Thanks in advance!
Yep or you can just punch them down from the top if you can get to them! They really aren't screws at all! I had the same problem on mine!
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
3,902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sweet! They look like screws in a rivet. I will try hitting them down from the top. Thanks mopar fan!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,096 Posts
Did you pick up a billet insert to replace it? If so, where did you get it?
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
3,902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm gonna make one. There are several on eBay. Or you can PM DodgeTalk member, ramsportva2002, he has made some pretty awesome ones that match the OEM sport grille. Hope this helps!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
32,962 Posts
TTURedRaider09 said:
Sweet! They look like screws in a rivet. I will try hitting them down from the top. Thanks mopar fan!!!
No problem! If that doesn't work take a pair of side cutters and just snip them off!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
32,962 Posts
TTURedRaider09 said:
I'm gonna make one. There are several on eBay. Or you can PM DodgeTalk member, ramsportva2002, he has made some pretty awesome ones that match the OEM sport grille. Hope this helps!
Yes that's the one I have!
 

Attachments

·
Banned
Joined
·
3,902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
mopar fan said:
No problem! If that doesn't work take a pair of side cutters and just snip them off!
LOL! Like my original idea...... :D
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
3,902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Also, how long is your bumper grille?
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
3,902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
Banned
Joined
·
3,902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Mopar Fan - How far apart are the bars going across? Maybe the height too?

Sorry for all the questions. Thanks!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
32,962 Posts
TTURedRaider09 said:
Mopar Fan - How far apart are the bars going across? Maybe the height too?

Sorry for all the questions. Thanks!!!
From the top of the first bar to the bottom of the third bar it is roughly 2-1/4 inches and the spacing is roughly 3/4 of an inch! Ok that's enough exersize for one day! :D
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
3,902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
mopar fan said:
From the top of the first bar to the bottom of the third bar it is roughly 2-1/4 inches and the spacing is roughly 3/4 of an inch! Ok that's enough exersize for one day! :D
Awesome man! I think that does it for the questions for know now. Thanks!! Hope you didn't pull anything....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
32,962 Posts
TTURedRaider09 said:
Awesome man! I think that does it for the questions for know now. Thanks!! Hope you didn't pull anything....
Oh and the bar stock size is 5/16"
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
3,902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
mopar fan said:
Oh and the bar stock size is 5/16"
Thanks! You are on top of your game!!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
135 Posts
You don't have to cut the heads off of the "screws." Just use some side cut pliers or something similar. Grab just below head of screw and lift up. It will pull up part way but not out. Once it's up you can lift the whole thing out. Center lifts then the whole thing is loose enough to pull.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,315 Posts
I had the same problem on my NON Sport bumper insert

Couldn't figure why all the unscrewing didn't do anything

Crawled under the bumper and saw what was what
I used a flat blade screw driver . I wedged the blade over the screw tip and pushed down the screw comes almost all the way out and then you can pull it out by hand and reuse it if you have to

I got a grills4u insert that goes over the bumper insert but I wanted to paint the insert edges to match the truck color since you can still see them
 
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top