DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'd like to gain access to the overhead console (the one in front with the lights and temp/fuel computer) to get power for a radar detector and potentially to mount a communications or GPS antenna at that point. So far, I can't figure out how to get in there. Does anyone know the magic combination to start taking that apart?

I read another post that says to pry off the lense of the lights with a small screwdriver. I started to try that but even though the tab at the outside end was starting to come out there was considerable resistance to going any further. Is this correct and should I just convince it to come off?

·
Registered
35 Posts
I have a 2005 D Limited.

All you have to do is PULL!
It is just latched in there and it will snap in to place when you are done by tapping the 4 corners.

Put you fingers in between the roof and the Console (in front of lights) then just pull. The back 2 will pop out then it will be easy to get the front 2.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Captain Tuttle said:
I am curious about this too. Please let us know if deja's technique works.
Yep, that's all it took. One clip on each corner. Having a little trouble identifying acc 12V up there but will probably bring up a separate power bus later for various things. Went back together OK and still looks fine. Always like it when I don't break anything.

·
5 Years... 6 Dodges
25,280 Posts
Only one person specified what they had... I'm unsure for the other two. However, here's the info for a Ram.

Attachments

·
5 Years... 6 Dodges
25,280 Posts
Yup, I've got a few different versions of the Service Manual in .pdf format.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.