DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
2,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
exhaust setup right now is front resonator with 3inch pipe to a flowmaster delta 40 series with 2.5 outlets and 4 inch tips you guys think i will pic up more power if i removed the front resonator

· Banned
753 Posts
its just there to absorb sound i believe i dont see how it can improve power cause inside its a stright pipe and has little tiny holds that actually go into the resonator!!
i sometimes wish i left mine on when i want quite, the difference there was VERY noticable!!

· Registered
2,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i figured it would be alot louder my old ride had a 454 with headers and straits and i loveing when i was in school now i am a few years older and i like the way the flow sounds right now just sometimes i find that the cai over takes the exhaust at wot but while at low speed the exhaust covers up the mass air flow sensor ticking

· Banned
753 Posts
sleblanc said:
i figured it would be alot louder my old ride had a 454 with headers and straits and i loveing when i was in school now i am a few years older and i like the way the flow sounds right now just sometimes i find that the cai over takes the exhaust at wot but while at low speed the exhaust covers up the mass air flow sensor ticking
yeah i bet that intake does i rode in a buddys with a K&N i was like DAMN dude thats LOUD i guess the open element intakes make alot of engine noise!!! it will be noticable louder BUT not WAY louder i rode around with mine on for 3 days and took it off and i could hear the difference

· Registered
2,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
your lucky the reason i am asking i was looking at some pre fab exhaust kits from flowmaster and others it shows that the front resonator is removed so i was thinking it might help me out

· If only I had more $$$
3,673 Posts
If you have anyone riding with you they will HATE you, especially on long distance travel. Even for me driving about 30min I got a headache from the drone,.. But to each his own,..

· Registered
2,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i think i might take it off

· 2010 SRT8 Challenger
12,645 Posts
none here on my 07...didnt have a front resonator from factory and took off muffler and rear resonator and trplaced with magnaflow y pipe and at3030

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.