DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remote wire in stock deck/ taking dash off...how to?

1K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  SportzRam989 
#1 ·
I have a 99 Ram sport and I was wondering how to take off the dash and if my stock cd player deck has a remote wire for an amp to hook up to my subs. I need help asap...thanks.

#2 ·
I don't think the stock CD player has any amp hook ups. I'm going to install an amp tomorrow if I have time. If I can get the CD-player out I'll let you know how to remove the dash or CD-player and if it has any out puts or a remote wire.

#3 ·
the dash bezel just pops off, but youll prob have to pry it off...mine broke when i pulled it off

#4 ·
I took my CD player out today. The factory CD player does not have any amp hook ups and doesn't have a remote wire. You could wire your remote wire to your fuse panel. Tap into one of the fuses that only has power when the key in on.
To pull out my dash all I had to do was remove 1 screw from the power acc. then pull it out. Had to give it a good pull but as long as you pull on it even it shouldn't break.

#6 ·
the amp that goes to your speakers........is part of your deck.........unless u get an optional audio system such as the infinity then its under your seat......ANd for a remote wire? all you have to do is splice into any wire in your truck that becomes live ( turns on and has current flowing through it ) once your car turns on, and that will turn the amp on.......Hence why it acts as a REMOTE lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.