DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
over 100,000
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
who,s got one? are some better than others?mopar etc... do some have better ranges on the remotes?i am putting one in soon and have just started my search.any help would be appreciated

·
Got Nitrous?
320 Posts
I've got a Code Alarm remote start and the range on it is an 1/8th mile. I think it works good, also mine is cheaper than mopars($300) and mine was $189.

·
Registered
562 Posts
snobnk said:
who,s got one? are some better than others?mopar etc... do some have better ranges on the remotes?i am putting one in soon and have just started my search.any help would be appreciated
I went with the Mopar, just to have the warranty and because I knew the electronics would be compatible for sure. Have had a minor problem with it which is know to DC - an arm (with a swicth or sensor) vibrates out of position (probably trying to get away from the Hemi), and has to be tweaked a bit occasionally, two second fix. Other than that, very good range and I'm happy with it.

·
Hemi2nV
7,813 Posts
I have the Python 881 xp which is the same as the viper...works up to 1/2 a mile away and it also has an alarm and 2 way pager remote. All for $400 installed.

BB

·
Registered
35,849 Posts
Pro Start 2 way. I can see if the truck started on the screen and also see if its locked or not and if the headlights are on. Less than $350 canadian installed

·
My coinholder adds 15 HP!
1,443 Posts
I have a prestige 996a alarm/remote start with all the bells and whistles. It has a 1/4 mile range. I'm almost looking foreward to winter so I can get full use out of it..:D

·
The Legendary Cross Ram
3,696 Posts
Personally I never cared for one. It is easy enough to start a truck...unless somebody wants to hand crank their vehicles again.

·
1,443 Posts
Hemi Pete said:
Personally I never cared for one. It is easy enough to start a truck...unless somebody wants to hand crank their vehicles again.
You must not live somewhere that it gets cold.......

·
Registered
346 Posts
I have a Prestige remote start...I havent had any problems with it only the back up remote (the one without the flashlight) is more sensitive then the primary, but overall it was a good buy..

·
Banned
4,819 Posts
snobnk said:
MOST HIGH END ALARMS ARE MADE BY THE SAME COMPANY NOW "D.E.I."

BUT I LIKE THE VIPER FOR COST AND FLEXIBILITY .I HAVE THE VIPER 550 ESP WHICH I INSTALLED ON MY 03.

·
1,443 Posts
one short of said:
MOST HIGH END ALARMS ARE MADE BY THE SAME COMPANY NOW "D.E.I."

BUT I LIKE THE VIPER FOR COST AND FLEXIBILITY .I HAVE THE VIPER 550 ESP WHICH I INSTALLED ON MY 03.
Viper is also made by DEI

·
Banned
4,819 Posts
lucky8926 said:
Viper is also made by DEI
That would be correct . I was just saying that out of all of there alarm systems i like the viper but most of them are built the same now even some of the lower models are built the same way they just dont give you the ability to use them to there full ability .If you ever take apart some of the different remotes some even have the other function/second channel buttons on the board inside the remote the case is just different.

·
The Legendary Cross Ram
3,696 Posts
lucky8926 said:
You must not live somewhere that it gets cold.......
Oh, it gets cold in California...cold enough to snow anyway. However it isn't as cold as what you're thinking. That's why I live in the Golden State, I have no idea why somebody would wanna live somewhere deathly cold in the first place. :crazy:

·
1,443 Posts
Hemi Pete said:
Oh, it gets cold in California...cold enough to snow anyway. However it isn't as cold as what you're thinking. That's why I live in the Golden State, I have no idea why somebody would wanna live somewhere deathly cold in the first place. :crazy:
Ahhhhhhh. I see. Well if you live where I live or north of where I live you would see the benefits of a remote start. You get up in the morning and there is a foot of snow outside and it's 10 degrees outside. You can figure out the rest...

·
The Legendary Cross Ram
3,696 Posts
Why do you like to live in such an environment? I don't wanna rub you the wrong way, but it is interesting nonetheless. :)

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
I've got the Viper 791, two way paging. Love it, it's got awsome range, and it's a great peace of mind to just look down at the remote and know it's locked, rather than just assume you locked it because you "always" locked it before. I've caught myself forgetting to lock it once or twice.

I live in michigan, and told everyone around here that I'll always have a remote start for my truck. It's nice to just start it in your living room, have the remote tell you it started (not like i'd need it to, the exhaust is loud enough to here anywere in the house) and have an extra ten minutes or longer, while your truck warms up.

·
Registered
378 Posts
It doesnt get that cold here. But when I get one I'll use it to cool the inside off in the middle of summer. If you lived where it gets above 100 and still has 95% humidity you would to.

·
1,443 Posts
Hemi Pete said:
Why do you like to live in such an environment? I don't wanna rub you the wrong way, but it is interesting nonetheless. :)
I was born and raised here. I'm not going to move just because it gets cold in the winter. We have a WIDE range of weather here. It can get below 0 in the winter and over 100 in the summer. We can have a drastic change in one day too...like today 85 at 2pm and 52 at 11pm. The temp dropped 20 degrees in 20 minutes!!!
We have 2 sayings here
"If you don't like the weather in Illinois wait.....It will change!!"
"Only in Illinois can you have your air conditioning and heater on in the same day!"

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.