DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an '02 QC with a 5.9L and it has a remote start. I have no idea what kind it is and I do not have the remote for it, several of the relays are bosch and there is about 4 other boxes ranging in size from an inch square to about 3x4x1 and it has an antenna by the rear view mirror.
Well back to the point I was poking around the rats nest under the dash yesterday and when I went to start it this morning and I got the 'no bus' code, but it was worse than most said, truck would start but die within 5 seconds. Luckily I checked all the plugs and the large white plug by the ebrake was apparently the problem but I still have a SKIM code.
My question is should I get the remote start out of there? I'm somewhat concerned that if I start cutting it out I'll cause more problems than leaving it. I have NO intention of ever using it since gas is so high.

Thanks for all opinions and insight.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Just my opinion, but I wouldn't mess with that stuff. I would find a shop that installs it and have them look at it... maybe they can even get you a remote.

·
Registered
1 Posts
NotaHemi, I have a '02 QC 4.7L that I bought used a few years back. Mine has pretty much exactly as you describe. The antenna under the rear view mirror is like a small flat black box with an antenna pointing down about 1-2 inches. Also mine has an LED mounted on the lower left side of the Dash, a red button and a silver toggle switch under the dash, and a small (but very loud) electronic siren mounted under the hood.I did not know mine had remote start and found out by accident when messing with the buttons on the remote. I called the 800 # on the back of the remote control and found out it was an Audiovox Pursuit PRO-OE4 alarm system with the remote start option. Mine has the remote with 4 buttons 2 which are red 1 green and 1 gray. I was using the remote as just an alarm system when I hit the green button twice and it started the truck by itself. I was totally freaked out. If you have the same system as me you will love it. They say the remote works from 1200 feet away, but I swear it seems to work further with a good battery. Well, I hope this helps some, and if you need to know anything else about mine let me know. :cool:

·
Registered
905 Posts
Take it to a proffessional shop to have it pulled out. No need trying to get a remote for it since most remote start remotes start at about 80.00 bucks. Plus, if its a rats nest under the dash, your better off having all completely cleaned out and having the shop install a good Alarm from DEI (Viper, Python)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.