DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Sleeper in The Making
1,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats the opionion of the remote starter options available. Im leaning toward the Mopar unit as I dont want to have to splice alot of wires, and to have a remote start only to have Electrical problems down the road ?

·
03_HEMI
578 Posts
i have an autopage alarm/remote strart pretty easy to install and i love the remote start

·
:D Hello!!!
3,401 Posts
03_HEMI said:
i have an autopage alarm/remote strart pretty easy to install and i love the remote start
ditto, & I also have the window modules that allow full control with the remote + 1 touch up/down from inside the truck!

·
nick
390 Posts
I have the Viper 560xv. If installed properly youll never have a problem.

·
03_HEMI
578 Posts
no i used one that my friend made i will see if he has it setting it around

·
Sleeper in The Making
1,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Alright I called around and the best deal I can get is with a Valet Model remote start. For around 250 installed The dealers wanted 500 for the parts and install and 250 just to install the damn things. So any problems I should be aware of with the valet model. We usualy keep our vehicles until rust takes em so FYI.

·
3,401 Posts
All alarms have valet mode, so I don't really know what you want.

·
Sleeper in The Making
1,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Its the actual name of the Remote start system.

·
3,401 Posts
I'd say 250 is average for the install, and maybe someone will chime in on the brand you want....

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
Valet is made by DEI it is there bargain brand.
You can get a much better unit with more features for the same amount. We sell and Install Marksman,

http://www.aboutsecurityconcepts.com/SearchResults.asp?Cat=69

I have the m12 on my durango and it is awesome. more range than viper and the remote is not as fragile as an egshell like the viper one is.

·
Very Niiiice! :)
4,470 Posts
i got a presteige made by audiovox and it has too many dam features to list... but it has the remote start/alarm/valet mode/capable of the window vent/all 4 down/up and like 50 other things this thing can do... i bought it for 140bux and install it for 190 at the local car audio shop.

-David

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.