DodgeTalk Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Yeah, it's got a HEMI....
2018 Ram 1500 Hemi Limited 4x4 CC
764 Posts
I don't know why they have it set up like that but, as far as I know from a previous thread, there's really nothing you can do to change it. I mean, you can take it to your dealer and see if they can hook up to it and change it so it'll run longer at more intervals before you have to start it with the key but if my memory serves me correctly, there's not much you can do.

·
Yeah, it's got a HEMI....
2018 Ram 1500 Hemi Limited 4x4 CC
764 Posts
I could see this as a mandated safety feature. Buttons on keyfobs can get depressed by accident in ones pocket or in the hands of toddlers. Accidentally starting a car in an enclosed garage could result in death if someone steps out into the garage from the carbon monoxide fumes. Limiting how long that motor can run by a remote start may lessen the odds.
Good point. The only time where I really sympathized with someone was when they said they lived way up north in the extreme cold but if you live were it gets that cold and longer run times are needed then you’d just have to forget about your remote start and start it manually. That remote start was just pretty much made for the ability to warm or cool your vehicle from your home or wherever with just pressing a button before you get in it and go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.