Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed remote start in my 2000 Durango 4.7L an have 2 problems

1) Horn wont honk with remote start. Do these trucks use a +12 volt horn switch? Manual says use a relay if it is. I currently have it hooked directly to vehicle horn trigger wire(Black/Red at steering column).

2) Door unlock not working. I hooked them up as I found online which was

647 Ohm for lock. I used a 560 + 22 + 68 Ohm resistor in series (which works). As labeled 650, actually tests at 635.

1562 Ohm to unlock(not working). I used a 1.5K + 68 Ohm resistor in series. As labeled 1568, they actually test at 1535. Doesn't work.

I also tried adding a 22 Ohm resistor making it test at 1558 to get closer to the 1562 but it still didn't work. Is this not close enough?

Just don't get why the lock side can be 12 Ohms off and still work but the unlock side is only as much as 4 Ohms off and wont work.

Hope any of you can help. Thanks!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Still having an issue ? I know when I did mine . My sites for wiring diagrams gave me to different locations and wires for the locks and unlocks. One said it was a single for for unlock and lock so I did it that way with no success then the other site told me it was one wire for lock single pulse and another wire for unlock but the unlock uses a double pulse. ( which some alarms and remote starts are capable of doing and mine wasn't so I'm in the process of building relays to make it work just been working to much to get a chance to work on it.) So if you look in the alarms manual and see it it can send a double pulse for unlock I will send you the wiring diagrams I have for our trucks and see if that will help ?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.