DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remote start-canmax 400?

889 views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  ABslt 
#1 ·
So i got a viper 5902, and the canmax 400. I was wondering if anyone has used the canmax 400. I originally got it for my wifes blazer, and it worked the door locks and so on but the bypass, only worked 4 times before it forgot and pass-lock locked me out. So i would love to use it on the dodge save me from using a bunch of relays, as it says it does just about everything. My concern is how reliable it will be for a bypass. And if i do hard wire everything with out the module what do i use for a bypass? It on an 08 1500.

#2 ·
Is this what allows the canbus to communicate and let the truck start without a key?

This is what I have if it is. Works great too cause you don't really need a alarm key-fob.. you can arm/disarm the truck with the factory key.

But since I have a 2 way remote with remote start - I use the 2 way transponder remote.

#3 ·
correct it hooks up via d2d a wire to the obd2 port. It controls door triggers and door locks, factory alarm disarm and so on. I already got two normal sized keys, with the chip in them, with out the keyless entry on them so i wont have to carry around the stock, large key, and the viper remote. Do you know if who ever installed your alarm used a canmaxx-400 on your truck or if they used a different brand?

#4 ·
so finally got around to attempting to get this installed. Pretty much the bypass is supposed to do almost every thing. so i hooked it up and the very few, other wires needed for the remote start brain. Looks like the module isnt going to work, tried to program it and it just kept blinking red. Witch means it cant communicate with the truck. Does any one have a working by pass, and know the model. Even if it only does the bypass for the key, ill hard wire everything else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.