DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Banned
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For anyone that has or has had a remote start/alarm installed, tell me what type you got, how much and where you had it done (realize diff. states will have diff places) I just want an idea. I would really like to get one that has the LCD remote. Trust is a big issue in my book so I want a place that will do the job right. Any input will be useful.

· Registered
69 Posts
i got my viper (don't remember the number) from circuit city and installed it myself. it has 7 channels, remote start, backup battery, prox sensor, pain generator, super siren. extra channels are for window roll up, r-s, horn blow, tonneau, and a few future custom mods

when you get the remote start installed, ask them to put in an extra relay so you cant start the truck w/ the key when it's running. i learned that lesson the second day i had the r-s lol (an extra relay in the start wire will fix it)

i also rigged up a timer from radio shack so that if the main alarm goes off for a certain period of time without being canceled (cutting any wire will also activate) the air horns will blow and will not stop until they are manually reset...

my total price was about a grand, but bear in mind that viper (directed electronics) does not recommend and will not warranty a diy installation, the sales people are not even supposed to sell the alarm that way. so installation would be added on

needless to say, the truck is protected... lol, not that there's anything to steal, my face is removed, and all the electronics are built in.. but you can't be too safe (thanks lojack)

bdr

· Registered
1,233 Posts
I got the viper 791, and am totally happy with it. I had some other work done at the same time, but I think the price for the alarm was around $300 installed. I would highly recommend whatever alarm you get, has 2-way paging. It really does add to piece of mind when your thinking if you locked your truck, and you can get just look at your keys to see.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.