DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2010 Dodge Ram 2500 Hemi. This just started over the weekend. When I clicked to remote start the truck, the horn sounded very week and the truck wouldn't start. I tried several times with the same results. When I tried it again this morning, the horn still sounded even weeker but the truck started remotely?

I also noticed that when I hit the remote to lock the truck the horn sounded very week but the truck locked.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
271 Posts
Does the horn sound weak when you depress the button on the steering wheel?
If it does, it might be a loose ground wire. The horn makes a short beep when you lock the doors or remote start it. Not nearly as obnoxious as when you mash the horn button.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I will stop at AutoZone and have the battery checked. I had it checked about a month ago when I changed my oil and they said it was ok, but you never know.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I will check the connections tonight on the battery to see if that helps. The horn does sound a little weak when I just honk it. The sound when I lock the doors did change. It was lower and short before but now it sounds like a sick horn.

·
Registered
324 Posts
The truck should have two horns. A high note and low note, these combine to tune the horn to the sound the manufacturer determines. It's possible that one of these isn't working. Does the truck start normally?

·
BEE Ready!
1,274 Posts
If it's the same as the 04 it is a 2 tone horn that combines to make the sound you hear when you hit the horn on the wheel. It could be a ground but I would tend to think not especially on such a new truck. It sounds like it could be the battery to me. But if the horn sounded weak and then it started this makes me think not. Maybe the horn somehow went bad? Try replacing it with a louder horn if it is. I plan on doing this one day :D

I wouldn't trust the auto zone with testing stuff. I had them test a battery on my truck when I was having issues and they said it was good. I continued to have issues and decided to try replacing the battery and boom, everything was fixed and back to normal! I've heard this from several other people both on this site and in person. Just a thought though.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.