DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK now that there have been several topics on stereo systems. I have got to thinking of how to do mine. I have 3 10" MTX speakers that are already in a box that won't fit in the truck of course. I have been looking at building my own box and have several ideas on it just have to do the math on the sound first. Question is how would I mount the box in behind the seat? I will be putting the Amp on the top of the box more than likely. I also need to ask how the face plate pops off from around the stereo and heat and air? The other question I have is where to locate and hide the wiring to give a clean look to the system also. Thanks

Tatakai

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
Just add one more 10"...

My current system looks more like this now...

But both subs are behind the drivers seat. Im planing on getting two more 12's!

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Looks like a great setup. Did you do the calulations for sound or just built it to fit your cab? I have a friend that wants to help, but he is all about all the science to it and all that. Where did you get the materials and what kind did you use to build the box? Thanks for the help on this. Never done a system like this before.

Tatakai

·
Jeep Driver
32,497 Posts
:tup: That's very impressive Big Boi!

·
Registered
72 Posts
I have a setup similar to the diagram, 2 12's behind the seat with a amp in the middle in my single cab. I dont have pics to upload here on my laptop, but you can look at http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/591407/3 , my page that shows the interior of the stuff to get an idea.

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
Thanks FreeLantz

I built the box for both space in the cab and the "Science" you talk about. I lost like an inch or two, but it sounds awesome. Ill try and find the site that I used to build the box.

·
Registered
4,315 Posts
I bet you never have a sore back after a long trip with that massage the entire way :D

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
uncbob said:
I bet you never have a sore back after a long trip with that massage the entire way :D
You mean you guys didn't know the Rams came with a four sub massager!?!

·
Registered
28,800 Posts
How's this for a 4 sub massage??? 4 12" Rockford HX2's!!! Had to sell it because it weighed a ton, and thats no bueno for drag racing.

Attachments

·
I'm Not A Post Whore! :(
5,089 Posts
uncbob back massages are good

backs hurt with no massage :p

put a young woman in the back seat of a quad cab with subs under the seat, massage that

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Don't know if it will be good for my back or not. Will try it and see, had back surgery April 19th and just getting to where I can drive for alittle bit with out having to stop because of pain.
Back to the stereo, I will be ordering a headunit in the next day or so and then get the rest as I go. Where can I buy the cloth that goes around the speaker box? Thanks

Tatakai

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.