DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Yea, It's a Hemi
6,865 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering how do you reg cab guys with sub enclosures and plastic bins behind seats have it set up? My sub it in the middle of my seats and it is in the bin snug but I dont get to feel the full vibration. I was wondering if maybe theres a way to get it to vibrate the truck more. How are the srt 10s held in?

·
Country Boy
771 Posts
I got two truck boxes from best buy for my ten inch subs and they fit great behind the seats in the bin. I have now taken the whole system out. Getting sick of loud music all the time plus I need the room for my hunting gear

·
Yea, It's a Hemi
6,865 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
country-71 said:
I got two truck boxes from best buy for my ten inch subs and they fit great behind the seats in the bin. I have now taken the whole system out. Getting sick of loud music all the time plus I need the room for my hunting gear
did they move much? It feels as though that the bin behind the seats is killing my bass and I dont want to remove it because the sub box would move all over along with everything else back there. Am I SOL?

·
Country Boy
771 Posts
No they didn't move bad at all. I bought some tool box liner stuff and put it in the tool box. You could also mount a bracket on the box or something and bolt it down

·
Josh
4,202 Posts
you can take that plastic bin out and it makes it alot easier (there are some screws in it to take out than it just comes out), look in my gallery at my sub behind the drivers seat and the amp is under the drivers seat it sounds bada**

·
Registered
23,005 Posts
I don't see how a plastic bin can mess up your bass? As long as the woofer isn't in any way covered up by the bin, it should be fine. But I would just remove it if its a problem, then you can set it up the way that you want. :tup:

KB

·
Murdered out
518 Posts
i have a probox with 1 10 kicker l7

Attachments

·
Registered
23,005 Posts
Rchemi4x4 said:
i have a probox with 1 10 kicker l7
I don't even have to hear that thing, to know that it fuggin thumps. :rck: Damn thats a nice looking setup.

KB

·
Murdered out
518 Posts
yea its pretty nice for $250 only thing iam missing is a good amp i have a crappy profile california 600 i wont a 750 kicker or a 500.1 jl

·
Yea, It's a Hemi
6,865 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
KB112 said:
I don't see how a plastic bin can mess up your bass? As long as the woofer isn't in any way covered up by the bin, it should be fine. But I would just remove it if its a problem, then you can set it up the way that you want. :tup:

KB
KB, the bin seems like its not fully touching the truck itself and the bass is just vibrating the plastic. I was wonding if there was maybe a way to keep my current setup and mod the bin to allow more vibration to the cab. I will soon prolly take the bin out when I get my new center seat... we shall see

·
Infinite Lives
6,499 Posts
I took my bin out and put 2 12's behind my seat.The box kinda keeps me from reclining ALL the way back but what the hell,I aint driving no lowrider :D

·
Yea, It's a Hemi
6,865 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
CRMRAM said:
I took my bin out and put 2 12's behind my seat.The box kinda keeps me from reclining ALL the way back but what the hell,I aint driving no lowrider :D
would be nice if you had less pics of your truck and more of behind ur seat :-D

·
Infinite Lives
6,499 Posts
lol I would take some pics but I kinda dont have the truck in my driveway right now :D

·
Yea, It's a Hemi
6,865 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
CRMRAM said:
lol I would take some pics but I kinda dont have the truck in my driveway right now :D
..... well when it gets home take some pictures one of these days lol

·
Infinite Lives
6,499 Posts
maka said:
..... well when it gets home take some pictures one of these days lol
RITE OH!!! :D

·
Registered
365 Posts
Put two of these in you black tool bin and be done!

Attachments

·
Yea, It's a Hemi
6,865 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
03RAMON22S said:
Put two of these in you black tool bin and be done!
If I had $600 to waist then yes I will.

·
I pickle they.
737 Posts
maka said:
KB, the bin seems like its not fully touching the truck itself and the bass is just vibrating the plastic. I was wonding if there was maybe a way to keep my current setup and mod the bin to allow more vibration to the cab. I will soon prolly take the bin out when I get my new center seat... we shall see

Technically, the box itself should not be vibrating... The subwoofer moving air will shake stuff. As stated before, as long as the tray isn't blocking the sub, you should be fine.

The box should not flex at all. If you can bolt the box to the floor/wall, and the box is flexing, it will shake whatever it's bolted to.

·
LSU
1,286 Posts
Take a look at mine i have a 12" L5 behing my seat in the bin.. is this what your talking about:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.