DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Slow 4.7 club
803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok went to the track last night to watch a couple buddies run their bikes.. After being there about an hour the Ole lady asks if i want to se what her truck will do. And i was like oh yea why not.. I only got 2 runs in and didnt get the 2cnd time slip but did get the first one.. Any ways i was wondering what some of the reg cab Hemis were running as close to stock as possible.. The truck weighed in at either 4690 or 4990... Ill post my time after a few replies have been posted..

Willis

·
MrDestinE
664 Posts
totally stock w/20s my truck ran 15.40ish @ 4920 raceweight.....

TJ

oh yea, what did yours run?

·
Slow 4.7 club
803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Here is the only pass i got the slip for and it was the first pass.. only made 2.. Havent been to the track driving in a long time..

87.86 mph..

·
Slow 4.7 club
803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey T.J. how hard was it to make your Cold air kit???

Willis

·
MrDestinE
664 Posts
03dodge said:
Hey T.J. how hard was it to make your Cold air kit???

Willis
Not hard at all.... just use 4 inch Sewer Grade PVC.. ( much lighter ) and I recommend you copy AirRams configuration with the possible exception of putting the filter a little lower than he does... worked the best for me... my present one gives the best performance at the track but on the street it heat soaks a little more due to the length and location of the tube.... I have another one on the drawing boards but it will require a hood scoop and will not be made out of PVC.... ( at least the most of it). I never bothered to insulated the CAI due to the temps observed at the IAT.
Pix located here:
http://dodgetruckworld.tenmagazines.com/account-photos.asp?album=10819

be sure to look at the last page for my present intake...

TJ

·
Inertia ROCKS!!!!
12,164 Posts
Hey TJ the link isn't working, it's taking me to my page....

·
Inertia ROCKS!!!!
12,164 Posts
Disregard...

·
Inertia ROCKS!!!!
12,164 Posts
What-up-wit-dat?

·
Inertia ROCKS!!!!
12,164 Posts
Search DTW for mrdestine and check his gallery under odds and ends and then check the third page for his latest intake setup.

·
Inertia ROCKS!!!!
12,164 Posts
I guess that will work too, but like I said to see his latest intake, checkout his odds and ends gallery on the third page.

·
MrDestinE
664 Posts
sorry guys, I was at the GTG...... and, funny when I hit the link it takes me right to the proper spot???????

TJ

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.