DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Meguairs Step 1 and 2 (Paint Cleaner and Polish)

Attachments

·
Registered
645 Posts
I think Meguiar´s have great products, I have been using them since my truck was new and it looks better than the day I took it out the dealer. The only thing is that you have to apply them often because they don´t last long.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I agree, mine looks better now with almost 7 years on the paint, than the day I brought it home. It lasts a few washings, but not many.

·
Wreck Em Tech
509 Posts
I agree, Meguiars products produce a great shine, but do not protect for a long period of time. One of the worst things you can do is to wash your truck with dish soap. This strips all the wax off because it is a degreaser. Touchless car washes are also very hard on your wax protection because they use strong alkalines and acids to remove the dirt.

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
That looks great!!! I'll have try that!

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
AHHHHHHHH....dish soap!!!!! No WAY!! I love how people still think its fine to use that stuff....when its not.

·
Originating Member
35,160 Posts
looks great

we just did part of my wifes car last night in Step 1 (cleaner)

it looked good to start with

but you could lightly rub your hand over the paint and feel this .... gritty kinda feeling (and I'll tellin you - it was sparkling clean)

then a good application of "step 1" and waa la !!!

much better

Step 2 is the Polish - which we did on the hood (didnt have all night to do the whole thing) now its so smooth you can put a t-shirt on the hood and it will slide off by itself.

You didnt mention Step 3 - Carnuba Wax !

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Didn't apply it Ram Man :) Sometimes paint cleaner isnt enough, gotta break out the Clay :)

·
Registered
224 Posts
Meguiar's makes an EXCELLENT line of products...and the best part is that their product line is complete...from paint to chrome care...ever since I had my first car I used Meguiar's and I have been using it ever since!

Enjoy!

2Hottie

·
Registered
645 Posts
I usually wash it with Meguiar´s shampoo, Clay bar it every 4 months, then apply Meguiar´s Step 2 Polish and finally instead of going to step 3 I use Gold Glass wax. Once in a while I use Meguiar´s Medallion Premium wax (very expensive) which is supposed to be their highest protection wax.
Sorry, no Pics, no money for Digital Camera until I pay off the truck.

·
Registered
224 Posts
manueljlg said:
I usually wash it with Meguiar´s shampoo, Clay bar it every 4 months, then apply Meguiar´s Step 2 Polish and finally instead of going to step 3 I use Gold Glass wax. Once in a while I use Meguiar´s Medallion Premium wax (very expensive) which is supposed to be their highest protection wax.
Sorry, no Pics, no money for Digital Camera until I pay off the truck.
I also sub Gold Class for the final step sometimes...it sort of puts the "finishing touch" on all your effort...

2Hottie

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.