DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was on the net and found out this recall info. Not sure if you guys know.

1) NHTSA Recall Campaign Number: 06V353000

Component: AIR BAGS:FRONTAL

Details: ON CERTAIN PICKUP TRUCKS FAIL TO CONFORM TO THE REQUIREMENTS OF FEDERAL MOTOR VEHICLE SAFETY STANDARD NO. 208, 'OCCUPANT CRASH PROTECTION. THE PASSENGER AIR BAG MAY DEPLOY WITH EXCESSIVE FORCE WHEN CERTAIN MODEL REAR FACING CHILD SEATS ARE INSTALLED IN THE RIGHT FRONT PASSENGER SEAT POSITION.

Consequence: THIS CAN INCREASE THE RISK OF INJURY TO A CHILD SEAT OCCUPANT DURING CERTAIN CRASH CONDITIONS.

Corrective Action: DEALERS WILL REPLACE THE PASSENGER AIR BAG CUSHION AND REPROGRAM THE OCCUPANT RESTRAINT CONTROLLER. THE RECALL IS EXPECTED TO BEGIN DURING OCTOBER 2006. OWNERS MAY CONTACT DAIMLERCHRYSLER AT 1-800-853-1403.

Units Potentially Affected: 144750

Recall Initiated By: OVSC
Date added to NHTSA datbase: 09/14/2006

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

2)
NHTSA Recall Campaign Number: 06V354000

Component: SEAT BELTS:FRONT

Details: CERTAIN PICKUP TRUCKS FAIL TO CONFORM TO THE REQUIREMENTS OF FEDERAL MOTOR VEHICLE SAFETY STANDARD NO. 208, ‘OCCUPANT CRASH PROTECTION.’ THE FRONT PASSENGER SEAT BELT MAY NOT BE ABLE TO TIGHTEN SECURELY ON CERTAIN MODEL CHILD SEATS.

Consequence: THIS CAN INCREASE THE RISK OF INJURY TO A CHILD SEAT OCCUPANT IN THE EVENT OF A CRASH.

Corrective Action: DEALERS WILL REPLACE THE FRONT PASSENGER SEAT BELT. THE RECALL IS EXPECTED TO BEGIN DURING OCTOBER 2006. OWNERS MAY CONTACT DAIMLERCHRYSLER AT 1-800-853-1403.

Units Potentially Affected: 159741

Recall Initiated By: OVSC
Date added to NHTSA datbase: 09/14/2006

----------------------------------------------------------------------

3) NHTSA Recall Campaign Number: 05V461000

Component: POWER TRAIN:TRANSFER CASE (4-WHEEL DRIVE)

Details: ON CERTAIN 4-WHEEL DRIVE PICKUP TRUCKS, THE TOTALLY INTEGRATED POWER MODULE (TIPM) MAY CONTAIN INCORRECT TRANSFER CASE CALIBRATION SET POINTS, POTENTIALLY RESULTING IN INADVERTENT TRANSFER CASE DEFAULT TO NEUTRAL.

Consequence: IF THIS OCCURS AND THE PARKING BRAKE IS NOT APPLIED, THE VEHICLE MAY ROLL AWAY AND CAUSE A CRASH WITHOUT WARNING.

Corrective Action: DEALERS WILL REPROGRAM THE TIPM WITH NEW SOFTWARE THAT PREVENTS THE POTENTIAL FOR THIS CONDITION. THE RECALL BEGAN ON NOVEMBER 7, 2005. OWNERS MAY CONTACT DAIMLERCHRYSLER AT 1-800-853-1403.

Units Potentially Affected: 136

Recall Initiated By: MFR
Date added to NHTSA datbase: 10/06/2005
--------------------------------------------------------------------

·
Relentless
1,859 Posts
I took mine in for the air bag and the seat belt already. The transfer case must be a new one...but i dont have 4X4 so it dosent affect me.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.