DodgeTalk Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I'm actually building a 1950 studabaker to be a MadMax tribute vehicle but it's on top of a 1987 D-150 frame. That frame came with a free engine and I decided to try and rebuild it.

It looks pretty bad, and it sure is, but the Crank and bearing surfaces looked Ok, so I stupidly soldiered on.

I ported and polished the heads and attempted all of the machine work myself.

I'm still working on it so I can't say if I have "actual" success on this stupidity but if you're interested I've been making videos to document the process. Here's the first one on the engine.

Attachments

·
Registered
1976 Dodge D100 Custom Utiline 360 A-833 OD trans.
611 Posts
Just from the pictures and the equipment in the background it looks like you are off to a good start. You must have some experience or you wouldn’t even attempt to do what you are doing. Luckily if you screw up there are plenty of cheap 318’s around. If that happens I would grab a 360.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just from the pictures and the equipment in the background it looks like you are off to a good start. You must have some experience or you wouldn’t even attempt to do what you are doing. Luckily if you screw up there are plenty of cheap 318’s around. If that happens I would grab a 360.
Experience...Kinda... I've been wrenching on different stuff for 20 years but I've never even taken an engine all the way apart before, I think a head gasket replacement is the deepest I've gotten into it. So... yeah, I learned a lot and screwed up even more!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts