DodgeTalk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in the process of building a winch mount for my PW that will be bolted to the frame where the spare tire is. Having 37's, I don't use this location for anything else. It will be built with 1/4" plate and 2"x3"-1/4" wall steel rectangle tubing. I just finished installing the flairhead into the recessed license plate section of the bumper and notching a slotfor the cable. I hope to begin fabing the actual mount this weekend. I'll post more pics at each step of the prodject. The control box will be mounted to the inside of the bed on the drivers quarter panel.:rck:

Attachments

·
Same Name, Different Game
9,638 Posts
How are you going to mount the rear plate?

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Same Name, Different Game
9,638 Posts

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Very nice!

·
Moab Tested
7,252 Posts
I am in the process of building a winch mount for my PW that will be bolted to the frame where the spare tire is. Having 37's, I don't use this location for anything else. It will be built with 1/4" plate and 2"x3"-1/4" wall steel rectangle tubing. I just finished installing the flairhead into the recessed license plate section of the bumper and notching a slotfor the cable. I hope to begin fabing the actual mount this weekend. I'll post more pics at each step of the prodject. The control box will be mounted to the inside of the bed on the drivers quarter panel.:rck:
SWEEEET! :tup:

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
kinda off topic but i noticed you have the KM2s how long have you had em cause ive heard that they dont last very long is this true haha
I honestly couldn't tell you since I've only had them for about 3000 miles. I will say that they are the best tires I've owned as far as street grip, off road traction and quietness on the highway.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
You're installing the rear winch exactly as I was hoping too. Please pics and let me know how it goes.

I have 12K on my km2's and have not noticed any non normal wear. I know a 2500 diesel that has 33" km2's and he averages about 45K under high use and load.

·
Power Wagon #1605
16,086 Posts
Cant wait for pics. Thinking about doin this to my CTD

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
You're installing the rear winch exactly as I was hoping too. Please pics and let me know how it goes.

I have 12K on my km2's and have not noticed any non normal wear. I know a 2500 diesel that has 33" km2's and he averages about 45K under high use and load.
I will. I was actually thinking of doing a write up after Idgregory suggested it. I will take a ton of pics during it's fabrication and post the step by step process along with the blueprints and cost. Unfortunately, I can't weld and I don't have the means to shear or brake plate steel, so that will all be done by someone else. :(

·
Registered
643 Posts
Nice!!!! I can't wait to see the finished product.

The more pics the better!!!

·
Registered
9,006 Posts
Very nice set up. Please take your time and take LOTS of pics, as this is a mod many will want to do, thanks.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well, The plate steel was supposed to arrive Friday via UPS, but due to the Midwest storms I guess shipments are behind. Hopefully I can begin next week.

·
Moab Tested
7,252 Posts
Dumb question. :D What size winch?

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Not dumb at all. She (my wife) had a 9000 lbs winch. I wish it was larger, but al least it was free. :rck:

·
RedMan
2,487 Posts
Sweet, good to see someone is finally doing this. I have a hide-away winch mounting kit that I used on my 04, I will use this one to mount under my rear bumper. I plan on doing this same thing once I get around to saving enough money to get another 15K warn winch, Good luck.

·
Registered
9,006 Posts
free is good. I could have used one tonight. No pics, but on the way home from work I went into a turn around to lock the lockers and burried it up to the bumpers in snow. Lockers worked great but tires were not touching the ground. Used the winch and got myself out though. LOL an hour of work winching it through snow up to the headlights. Now the check gauges light is on. I put a battery charger on it when I got home. Hopefully it is just a little weak from all the use.

1 - 20 of 69 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.