DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I finally got some today and put them on and I love the look and function but the clearance has me a little concerned. The left hand side isn't bad but the right has only about 3/8" between the liner and the tire. Is this normal? I'm concerned that with air movement under the truck that it might pull into the tire at highway speeds and rip the whole thing off, along with damaging my fender. And, by the way these are only the stock wheels and tires.

·
Registered
595 Posts
i dont have any clearance issues on my 05 2500 4x4 hemi.. maybe they just bent a little in shipping...... by the way i never realized how much they changed the look of the truck untill i put mine on then saw another truck and thought to myself "theres just something wrong with that truck" then i realized it had no rear inner fender liners

·
Banned
754 Posts
where can I get the liners? :rck:

·
Registered
32,962 Posts
chipraider77 said:
where can I get the liners? :rck:
Get them at your dealer or buy them from one of our sponsors. They run around $80. Best investment you can buy!

·
Registered
32,962 Posts
KrazyBlade said:
Well I finally got some today and put them on and I love the look and function but the clearance has me a little concerned. The left hand side isn't bad but the right has only about 3/8" between the liner and the tire. Is this normal? I'm concerned that with air movement under the truck that it might pull into the tire at highway speeds and rip the whole thing off, along with damaging my fender. And, by the way these are only the stock wheels and tires.
Something isn't right! You should have more clearance than that!

·
Registered
89 Posts
Post some pictures????

·
Registered
18 Posts
I just put a set on my 1500 RCSB 4x4 about 3 weeks ago. The first time I tried to put one side on, I noticed that the holes and indents would only line up if you forced it a little. I decided that maybe they were tapered, warped or formed differently for each side, so I swapped it to the other side -- and it fit much better and the holes lined right up (and the second side fit about the same). My guess is they might be shaped a little different for each side -- so maybe your truck is the same and that is affecting the clearances? I have a good 3 inches or so clearance between the liners and the closest part of the tires (stock 265x70x17 tires and no lift).

...just a thought,

Chuck

·
Registered
4,315 Posts
KrazyBlade said:
There is a left and a right
You sure you have them on right

·
Mike
528 Posts
Just take a propane torch, warm up the offending area, move and support it until it cools.

·
Banned
754 Posts
Is this something that is more for the 4x4 Truck?

·
Registered
4,315 Posts
chipraider77 said:
Is this something that is more for the 4x4 Truck?
NO
Look great on 4X2

·
5 Years... 6 Dodges
25,280 Posts
uncbob said:
There is a left and a right
You sure you have them on right
I think the problem might be he has them on left. ;)

·
Registered
284 Posts
i don't have much clearance on either side also...i have 285/70/17's would that make a difference?...i think my wheel well liners were marked left and right...maybe i'll try switching them

·
The Doc
302 Posts
Moby'sHEMI said:
Just take a propane torch, warm up the offending area, move and support it until it cools.
Uhhh, I don't think that is the wise decision to make. They are different from left to right. They may even be marked, I just don't remember. As always, take your time and check everything out.
The Doc..... :cool:

·
Registered
349 Posts
Had the same problem with mine, had to return them. It is warped and will never be right. Just return it and get a new set. My second set fit perfect.

·
Registered
104 Posts
They are Marked left and right, its stamped in them. I had the same problem so just switch them around and try it.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yes they are marked "L" and "R" and they are on correctly. I can't see how you could get them on wrong...the front of them are longer and hang a little futher down the the rear of them to match the fender well. These are definately on the right way. The one area that concerned me was about 3/8" inch away from my tire...so I just took a hold of that area and bent it away from the tire and held there a while and it is now about 3/4" away from the tire. But, the guy above said he had 3" between the tire?????? There is NO WAY I could get that much clearance.

·
Registered
527 Posts
I think mine must have come with them. Are they just black ABS or plastic? So some packages include them?

·
DaBigRed1
229 Posts
well these fit on a 3" body lift???

·
Registered
9,813 Posts
LOL... Well with my 305 50 20's I can not even get my pinky between the tire and the liner... and YES it rubs a little. It has not rubbed through yet but Im sure one day there will be a hole in the liner...

SPEED SAFE, AIR RAM

1 - 20 of 50 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.