DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All ! I am new to the group and have been looking for a place like this since I purchased my 02 Dakota Quad 4x4 a year ago, anyway, for quite awile now, in 2wd , when turning there is a rubbing/whining sound coming from the rear axle, also , when in 4wd hi or lo, the right rear wheel totally locks up and drags when moving forward leaving skid marks, when in reverse, it is the left wheel that does this ! it started out just hopping and it has progressed to locking up, I haven't had it to a dealer , TOO expensive, I am very haven't when it comes to cars, but have very limited knowledge of 4wd,and have never heard of this sort of problem . Has anyone any solutions for this ? :help:

·
287 cu inches of pain
1,137 Posts
I'm afraid of what that rearend will look like when you do go get it fixed! Sounds like the differential is toast and maybe the gears and bearings. I would have took it in when it started to feel bad and maybe saved yourself hundreds of dollars. If you have a limited-slip in the back, you may have lost a clip off the clutch packs and it is eating everthing up. It is NOT a normal condition to have any wheels locking up I can tell you that! Hope it doesn't cost you too much and it is better than it sounds.

Andrew

·
Banned
8,865 Posts
you need to get your vehicle into a shop asap.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.