DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Powder coated Traction bars, and rear sway showed up at my house the other day. I've been talk'n around and people don't seem to think that the rear sway will fit on a 4x4 unless its lowered. Is this true, does anyone have exp. with it???

I'd like to know before I try to install it, if a drop is required to install.....then I'll have to either drop the truck or sell it.

Thanx in advance.....

(BTW - I didn't know where to put this, it's a 4x4 question, but seems that only sport trucks have the sways which prob answers my question. :cool: )

·
Registered
10,359 Posts
The sway bar from BelTech is made and labeled for 2wd trucks,even with stock 2wd trucks the bar runs uphill slightly,these work best when they are as close to level as possible. The end links is where they could make them more universal to fit other applications......as of now the end links are very short which is why they arent recommended for stock 4x4. I cant remember any leveled 4x4 guys running this either but if any are maybe they will chime in. Bob is a welder so maybe he can fabricate up some longer end links for you so that you can keep the bar. This will require you to mock up the bar though and give him some detailed measurements.

I will get with Bob and give him som einfo on this.

·
Registered
95 Posts
That would be a great idea! And a great product for Bob to fabricate and sell. Good thinking Slammed. :rck: If need be I could mock it up this weekend if I could find some instructions and give some measurements on a stock height 04 1500 4x4. I was thinking if possible maybe make something adjustable kind of like a tie rod sleeve setup, if it would be strong enough.

·
Registered
10,359 Posts
scans007 said:
Thanx for the info guys, def would be great to have some longer Endlinks made up and a new product on the market that Moe's could corner :D
Maybe Bob and I can put our heads together and come up with a solution so 4x4 guys can use this sway bar also.

·
Searching for an Avatar
30 Posts
This is a great idea. If somebody makes endlinks that allow swaybars to be used on the 4x4 trucks, hopefully they will also be "quick-disconnect" for going offroad. I've seen setups like that for other 4x4 vehicles.

·
Registered
10,359 Posts
Hellwigs work fine for stock and slightly lifted trucks BUT they are worst for exhaust clearance issues even with stock exhausts.Hellwigs work with dropped or stock 2wd also BUT again the exhaust clearance issues and add to that on lowered trucks the sway bar contacts the spare. Seems the best idea for BellTech would be an alternate endlink for the 4x4 guys so they can sell more bars.

·
Now Hemiplus
1,835 Posts
I have a lowered 4x4 and the Belltech 5555. If you're rear is still up in the air that bar will be a pain to install. Longer endlinks is the key. Like these guys have already said, the bar would have to be mocked up first and then the endlinks size measured. The endlinks that come with the 5555 are very short and I don't think the bushings are very easy to work with.
Here is a picture of the endlinks. I had mine powder coated red.

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.