DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. I am looking for advice. I have a 2004 Hemi 1500 4x4 QC SB. I lowered the rear 3" with slammed1's lowering shackles and helper leaf removal; front 1" with TB adjustment. New Bilsteins all around. Now I am wanting a rear sway. Seems there are basically three options: 1) Belltech - slammed1 sells these, and that's good, but Belltech tells me they are for 2x4 only (part #5555). 2) Hotchkins - pair only, and pricey. And they too tell me 2x4 only. So... 3) Hellwig. Shox Shop offers this and they list it specifically for a 4x4. Great. I think that's where the Bilsteins came from (group buy, kind of) and they are great to deal with. But I understand the Hellwig "points" to the rear, versus Belltech "pointing" to the front. I have stock location exhaust (though an aero turbine muffler and tip :rck: ) and the stock spare (265/70/17) so I would believe I would have no fitment issue. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

·
Tape On
829 Posts
I have Hellwig on my 67 Cuda. Great product. See what their return policy is and go for it.

·
Registered
259 Posts
I have a set of Hellwig sway bars for my 69 Dart, and I would agree with 67Cuda that they are a great product. Also I just installed a Hotchkis 2/4 drop that includes a front and rear sway bar. You could easily adapt the hotchkis rear sway bar to your truck. You would just have to drill the hole for the upper sway bar mount 1" lower because your drop was only 3". Try calling (877-466-7655) them to see if they sell it seperately for the rear, it may be worth a shot? Brian may be able to offer another solution or be able to tell you if could install the belltech on your truck, I bet it is installed similar to the hotchkis one and could be done.

Andrew

Andrew

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.