DodgeTalk Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I've seen some people here who have cut their rear springs. From what I've seen 1 coil cut off gives about 2" of drop, which is exactly what im looking for.
However, I've also heard some things about cut springs being dangerous.
Is there anyone here who has cut their rear springs who can let me know how its been holding up/worked out?

Thanks

·
Registered
165 Posts
Does your Durango have coil or leaf rear springs?

I bet it's leaf; in which case, oh, HELL no, don't go cutting on them!

RwP

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Does your Durango have coil or leaf rear springs?

I bet it's leaf; in which case, oh, HELL no, don't go cutting on them!

RwP
Its got the Coils in back, torsions up front
Im trying to lower the rear to be level with the front
I dont tow, I dont haul.
Im just looking for a sportier look.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Cutting springs is a bad idea. It would be far preferable to get springs that allow a lower ride, if that's what you're after.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Cutting springs is a bad idea. It would be far preferable to get springs that allow a lower ride, if that's what you're after.
Yeah, it would definitely be better, however the only ones after hours of searching are the Eibach ones, and because they dont make them anymore, they are about 330 dollars. I've seen people post about their durangos and that they cut off about 1 coil of their rear springs and it lowered it about 2 inches. Im just trying to find someone who has done a rear spring cut to see if it holds up over time.

·
Registered
165 Posts
I'd buy a spare set of springs and cut them; that way, if you decide to go back, you can put the originals in.

RwP

1 - 9 of 9 Posts