Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys,
how the hell did you get that top rear bolt off on the driver's side shock? So far ive tried a 13/16, a 20mm (too small), and an air gun (which i couldnt fit in there). I dont have a breaker bar. If you could tell me what socket you used to take it off that would be great

·
Registered
10,359 Posts
its 21mm or 13/16---- and yes the upper has a "blind nut" so no other wrench is used. I always take out the rear wheel well guard(if you dont have liners) on the left rear........also go from the OUTSIDE of the trucks frame rail,DO NOT try to loosen the inside NUT as its the "blind" one and wont turn.

·
Registered
985 Posts
noticed a lot of my suspension was 13/16 while i was under there. made it fairly simple.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yup i finally got the 13/16 and A LOT of wd-40 to work...i just had time to do the rears...man do they make a difference. thanks a lot for your help guys

·
Valdez Racing Team
13,913 Posts
...what shock did you go with?

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
nitro actives from brian (slammed1)....i can really tell a difference with just the back two..handling seems much better.

thanks keven...my mom was getting pissed because i kept cussing while tryin to put them on...i think my neighbors were getting mad too haha

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.