DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

rear seat cover install help

284 views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  HQUAD 
#1 ·
This was pm'ed to me per HQUAD he asked me to post for him as he is still figuring out the site.

Have 05 quad Ram 2WD SLT w/ 4.7..My BACKSEAT configuration is odd. I can lift the "leg" portion up to stow away gear, but cannot lift/put down "back" portion to install seat covers. Am I missing something obvious? Any helpfull suggestions please?
New to forum, not sure how to "send" message topics yet.. Please post if can, thanks.

#2 ·
The rear seat I did not drop the back rest i just kept wiggleing it down from the sides to get it down. be sure you realize that you might be hitting the child seat holders behind the seat. there are 3 of them. I would pull them up from behind the seat to install the covers then put them back in. I hope this helps

#3 ·
The covers I have have elastic bands that hook together. I have the 60/40 bench. To get mine on, I unbolted the seat from the floor and lift the seat because there's hooks into the back wall. install cover and put seat back. I had to cut the seat cover for the center seat belt but it works fine.

#5 ·
HQUAD said:
Thanks for the assistance & expertise guys :rck:
no problem glad to help out! '

For future referene when you go into say general talk or interior/exterior etc there is a tab at the top called new thread that is how you make a new topic. Any other assistance dont hessitate to pm me
Craig

#6 · (Edited)
Also, once you unbolt the seat bottoms you can lift up and pull out on the seat back. You will then see the retaining clips/holsters on the back wall. Unscrew them, flip them upside down and re bolt them up. From now on you will be able to lift up on the rear seat slightly and pull it away from the back wall. Instant fold down rear seat. Dont worry about the seat flopping down either, cuz the rear clips still slide into the holsters, so it cant fling open.

Just a lil tip for ya, in case you wanna cram stuff back there or have easier access to fit your seat covers in the future. Also you can mount your amps back there, or possible even a holster for your pistol or shotgun...who knows what you wanna hang back there. :D

KB

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.