DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the Superlift 2" coil springs on my truck and it always felt like it was a bit higher in the front, so I decided to measure and its about 3/4 to 1" higher in the front now.....not a big deal, but I would like to lift the rear up an inch. I have been looking around for a 1" block, but I read that our trucks already have blocks from the factory.....so, my question is, should I get a 1" block or measure my factory block and get one that is an inch taller?

·
Registered
57 Posts
If I were you, I would measure your block you have now and get one an inch taller. I don't no about your state, but here in Jersey block stacked on block is not allowed. Maybe you could take your block out all together and get an add a leaf?

·
Banned
1,861 Posts
you can add dead leaves to the bottom of your current spring pack, like (2) - 1/2" leaves bolted in would do the trick! They dont have to be long, maybe like 1 ft and step it down on the other to maybe like 8" to keep the taper look to your pack

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Where would I find "dead leaves" at?

·
I'm Not A Post Whore! :(
5,089 Posts
that's what our trucks actually have

not a block exactley, but two 4" long leaf springs stacked on top of each other for a little bit of lift, look for yourself next time you do

talk to the dealership, they come onh our trucks, should be able to get them through them

and they're not considered blocks, I have a 4" block and the 2 dead leaf springs on my truck and no problems, with the law or the longevity of the truck

·
Banned
1,861 Posts
trust me, dead leaves are the key, dont stack. the bolt running thru the entire pack keeps the integrity of the spring and protects those stacked blocks from rolling off one another.
Dead springs can be made from old leaf springs or can be built at a local spring shop.
I reccomend them over stacking, even if it is a one inch block. I added 1.5" to my buddies front spring packs in his 2004 f350 and they worked perfect.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.