DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone tell me if the same rear air ducting and blower housing is the same on the Gen 1 type durangos as the Gen 2. I ripped into the quarter panel and have found both the blend doors broken, but am having a hard time finding any salvage yards with the 04 or new Durango.

·
Registered
3,407 Posts
Sorry no clue.. there's blend doors on the rear heater? or are you talking hte one that goes under the front seats and heats the second row floor?

·
Registered
73 Posts
I'm dealing with the same issue with the belnd door broken from the coupler. I found that parts.com has the coupler and blend door. Have you opened up the unit? I haven't yet and was wondering if it can be done without draining the coolant and R134?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am talking about the ones in the right rear quarter panel. Yes, I have opened them pulled them out. You do not have to bleed anything. Actually if you are carefull it is a fairly easy job. By the way I work in an office all day and do not work on cars, but figured what the heck.

·
Blk Hemi Owner
25 Posts
The blend door just broke on my '04 Hemi, I can't seem to find the foor or housing anywhere. Any idea's? Thanks

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes this is the exact truck i have, it is located in the passenger side rear panel. If you have the panels off, which are not hard to remove if you take your time, the bulk of the housing is located behind the rear seat area. If you look you will see venting in the rear panel, this is actually where the rear blower fan gets its air flow from. I always thought this was a speaker. (By the way the speaker is on the other side.) If any of you find blend doors or couplers, pleae let me know. I have been quoted $153 to buy a new housing. I hate to spend that just to replace doors and coupler that should only cost $25 all together.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I was able to fix my broken blend door by drilling into the top of the blend door and putting a long screw through the coupler into the top of the door. The plastic is very thin so I'm not sure how long it will last but for now it works. Also I put a screw where the tab was broken off on the coupler so it actually stops at the tabs on the case. For a new blend door I was quoted $87 and for the coupler $4.95.

·
Blk Hemi Owner
25 Posts
You don't have pictures by chance do you? Where did you get the quote? was it a dealer? I know one gave me a quote of @ $150

·
Registered
73 Posts
I don't have pictures, sorry. The price quote was from avondalewholesaleparts.com. The blend door for the heat/ac was originally part number 5019637AA but when you look that part number up on their website it says it's been superceeded by part number 5161872AA. The coupler part number is 5019632AA.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.