DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It is a 2000 Sport, new to me with 60KM. The rear hatch was squeaking initially. Adjusted it and also adjusted the plastice piece with the small spring on it. That noise is gone but it still has a faint rattle when you go over the minor road bumps. Can't narrow it down to an exact part but I know it is the rear hatch because if I loosen the 6 nuts and readjust it the noise quality changes. Is this standard on a Dodge? Any DIY ideas on how to troubleshoot?

·
Registered
314 Posts
Check the rubber stops on either side, sometimes they wear out and break and the hatch rattles like crazy.

Cheers
Chet.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Check spare tire

I don't know if the 2000 have the spare under the car, but if it is check to see if it is loose.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks but no!

By the rubber stop you mean the two one inch pieces of rubber on the sides that seat on the body when closed? I have checked them and they are fine. There is another plastic part on the sides with small springs and I am not sure what their function is. Should I mess with them?

I checked the spare and actually took it off once without any change in the noise, arrrrrgh.

·
Registered
314 Posts
If its not stationary i'd leave it alone, your looking for something stationary thats become loose. Have you looked inside through the interior panels on the hatch itself to see if something hasn't come off, Nut, screw, bolt or washer?

Chet.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.