DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm driving thru S.F. between panhandle and Golden Gate park friday evening.

I pull out in #1 of 2-lane curve/road and can see that light ahead has turned green...I am going thru curve not looking ahead much but watching myself in curve so I don't hit other car (it was very dark).

Suddenly as curve straightens out and I am looking more ahead....WTF?!?!? there's like 6-7 jaywalkers running across the road.

I slam on the brakes (not much skidding I think...but I was kinda stunned) and stop like 1' away from them...I almost created 7 compound fractures!!!

Then like 1 second after I stop....BOOM!!!..my car is hit from behind.

Lucky for me to make things easier...there was cop (w/partner) behind guy who hit me.

But those damn cops!!! They didn't ticket or bother with the jaywalkers...for christ's sake man!!! Give them a ticket!

End result was car in shop since saturday and won't be back from auto body till wed morning some time. Total cost is approx. $920 for removal/replacement/painting of new bumper.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Wow, that sucks! I know the feeling though, luckily not with my Magnum but my other car had a similar issue except it was a bus stopped at some train tracks.
Now I get nervous any time I have someone tailgaiting and I always glance in the rear view mirror any time I have to stop real fast. We have better brakes than most, even if they had great reaction time they couldn't make it.
Probably a bunch of teenagers, they seem to have no fear or respect for traffic, wonder if I was that bad when I was that age?
Well at least it sounds mostly cosmetic, hope the fix looks good.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.