Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
GenII Dakota
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright,

I am dropping a rear end off a 92 Dak (4x4 with Manual Trans) and I want to do some work on it and put it under my 92 Dak (4x2 with Auto Trans).. should there be any matching issues? I dropped the unit yesterday but the Parking Brake lines were still holding it under the truck and today I cut those.. I HOPE that will be alright? I plan on replacing the axles in the dropped unit anyways.. so as long as the parking brake cable remains intact on the new truck, i should be alright?

Thank you,
-Jason

·
Registered
9,232 Posts
you shouldnt have had to cut them. a lot of times, not sure about dakotas, but the rear e-brake lines are brought together at a common point and the e-brake from the truck is connected like a "Y". you just disconnect there

·
GenII Dakota
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
they can be replaced though right? Like if the cables were to break, you could have it fixed right? and the truck I am going to put in rear end under will still have them intact..

·
Registered
9,232 Posts
yeah, its just cable. where did you cut it from. i would say the easiest thing to have done would have been to unhook it. if you cut the e brake before the junction of the two drums and the e brake line from the actual pedal then you will have to take apart your drums and replace them. if you cut after where the two cables attatch you should be good on the swap.

·
GenII Dakota
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, I'll end up having to redo my drums..Maybe I can just use the original drums off the new truck since they are the same year and everything..I HOPE to have rear wheel disks install soon..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.