DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
BoJivin'
1,645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, well my U-joint on the axle end of my rear driveshaft broke on the way home today. I put it in 4hi and drove the 1/2 mile home, but was wondering if there is anything that I may mess up by driving without my rear driveshaft? The driveshaft is suppose to be in monday, and hopefully get installed then. but I do need to run a couple errands till I get it fixed. Will I mess up the t-cas or transmission? I won't be going over 30 mph, and no longer then 5 miles at a time.

·
Built Not Bought
1,870 Posts
Does your t case have a slip yoke? If it does and you dont have a rear shaft, youll lose all the t case fluid and burn up the t case. If it doesnt have a slip yoke, youll be OK for short errands

·
C HEMI GO
1,739 Posts
I did it in my 85 ramcharger for a couple of trips (one home, one to the mechanic across town) and there was no problem with it. I would agree with teh above that as long as you're keeping everything seeled, you should be okay.

·
BoJivin'
1,645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
it does have a slip yoke. can i seal the output with say tape to keep the fluids in for the short drive to the dalership, or anyother emergency trips? a very small amount leaked out during the short 1/2 mile drive home though.

·
Registered
9,232 Posts
i have seen em duct taped closed!

·
Built Not Bought
1,870 Posts
You can put a liter bottle on the tailshaft and zip tie it on there for a temp fix

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.