DodgeTalk Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Ram Bighorn
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, it seems I had to recreate my account here, but anyways now I am a Newbie again! :)

Anyways I have 140K on my 2012 Hemi, again it sound like the rear end noises are back! It is making a howling noise but i am dropping it off at the same Dodge dealer that messed with it before! This thing is paid off and I hate to keep bringing it back with the same issues. Is there a dodge year truck that doesn't have this rear end problems?

·
Registered
2008 Ram Bighorn
189 Posts
Hello all, it seems I had to recreate my account here, but anyways now I am a Newbie again! :)

Anyways I have 140K on my 2012 Hemi, again it sound like the rear end noises are back! It is making a howling noise but i am dropping it off at the same Dodge dealer that messed with it before! This thing is paid off and I hate to keep bringing it back with the same issues. Is there a dodge year truck that doesn't have this rear end problems?
The 9.25” rear is a good axle as long as it built correctly. I had to do pinion bearing due to a shitty repair job by a dealership. I did it myself properly and it’s been perfect for 150k miles.

·
Registered
2012 Ram Bighorn
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The 9.25” rear is a good axle as long as it built correctly. I had to do pinion bearing due to a shitty repair job by a dealership. I did it myself properly and it’s been perfect for 150k miles.
I need to look back and see what my Gears are but you would think these mechanics at these dealerships would just fix things right so we wouldn't have to bring our old shit back to them!

·
Registered
2008 Ram Bighorn
189 Posts
I need to look back and see what my Gears are but you would think these mechanics at these dealerships would just fix things right so we wouldn't have to bring our old shit back to them!
Mine had a recall for a pinion nut, took it in, about 2 years later the pinion bearing was gone. My guess is they put the nut on without checking the preload. Just hammered it on with the impact.

·
Registered
90 Posts
So, how much $ are we looking at for a transfer case job, and how long does it take to do the work at a shop

·
Registered
90 Posts
So, how much $ are we looking at for a transfer case job, and how long does it take to do the work at a shop
Will need some work done soon, grinding noise from rear of truck

·
Registered
2012 Ram Bighorn
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well it looks like it is s Pinion Bearing the service guy said, so I am waiting for a call back on how much this is to fix. I am no mechanic but mechanically inclined with no tools for the job. LOL

·
Registered
2008 Ram Bighorn
189 Posts
Well it looks like it is s Pinion Bearing the service guy said, so I am waiting for a call back on how much this is to fix. I am no mechanic but mechanically inclined with no tools for the job. LOL
Make sure they guarantee the work, I’m 100% sure mine went bad because a mechanic didn’t want to do the job properly.

·
Registered
2012 Ram Bighorn
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes they said 2 year warranty when they touch it! But now I just hope nothing else goes wrong after i get this fixed! My mind is wondering over to the other sides, looking at their trucks! How often does this happen to these trucks with the rear end? I think there should be a loyalty rewards with these trucks I have been with dodge since 1994

·
Registered
90 Posts
Yes they said 2 year warranty when they touch it! But now I just hope nothing else goes wrong after i get this fixed! My mind is wondering over to the other sides, looking at their trucks! How often does this happen to these trucks with the rear end? I think there should be a loyalty rewards with these trucks I have been with dodge since 1994

·
Registered
90 Posts
209,000 km before mine went bad

·
Registered
9 Posts

Mine does not, but has like all early 2000’s have a transmit ion that makes clunking noises

1 - 13 of 13 Posts