DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
841 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i bought my truck used and dont have the stock window sticker. whats the best way for me to see what my stock gear ratio is ? mine is an 05 quad cab, 2wd, hemi if that helps

·
Registered
28,800 Posts
There should be a sticker in your glovebox or on the axle itself. And if they are not there, then what rpm are you at when cruising at 70mph??

·
Registered
841 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it had the sticker in the glovebox. my truck has the crappy 3.55 gears

·
Registered
841 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the good part about that is if i got 4.56 gears it would be a huge difference in performance, bad parts are the 4.56's would kill my gas mileage and top speed

·
Registered
28,800 Posts
hemi-dad said:
the good part about that is if i got 4.56 gears it would be a huge difference in performance, bad parts are the 4.56's would kill my gas mileage and top speed
If you dont plan on going faster than say 115mph in the 1/4 mile, then you will be fine with 4.56's. They will make a huge improvement for you on the street and from what I hear, some have even seen better mileage with the 4.56's as long as you stay under 70mph.

·
Registered
841 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
better mileage with lower gears ? that would be great. so is 115mph the top speed on the street also with those gears even with a programmer ?

·
Registered
28,800 Posts
hemi-dad said:
better mileage with lower gears ? that would be great. so is 115mph the top speed on the street also with those gears even with a programmer ?
No...115or close to is about where you would shift out of 3rd depending on tire size...and at the track, you want to cross the traps in 3rd gear.

·
Registered
841 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
wow, 143 in a quad cab ram is movin. so not much change in fuel economy for normal driving huh ? i REALLY need to do that and get an auburn LSD. those with some 17" x 10" wheels and tires should make a big difference in my off the line performance

·
Registered
841 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
whoa, 300 for gears and 350 for an LSD..... a little steep but im sure they are worth it

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.