Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey all..

i haven't done a search for this yet...

but my rear diff is making that horrible clunking noise again.. the first time was i think at 35 k, and now it's back at 51 k, it will be replaced under warranty, but my fear is that this will happen again and my warranty will have expired then.. too bad i couldn't claim it under lemon law..

is there a better rear diff, do i have to buy a matching front diff, and any ideas on how to just get cash from the dealer so i can put my own stuff in?

i'm thinking arb air locker... but i know zip about diffs

i'd like to change the ring and pinion too while it's out..

99 ram 1500 qc sport
285/70/16's
3.92 gears (not cutting it on the low end.. time for 4.10's)

thanks in advance for the help..

bdr

·
Registered
842 Posts
How did you shit the rear out in 16k? Are you pulling with it or doing big smoke shows?

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hah! i wish i could do smoke shows (maybe if i dumped some oil on the headers... lol)

i can hardly spin 'em in the rain..

my tires are 1 size larger than stock, that's about it

bdr

·
Registered
842 Posts
Well if you're not thrashing on it I would have to say that the rear wan't set up right to start with.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
the diff was replaced at the local dodge dealer.. i bought the truck there and i've brought the truck there since it was new, so they kinda know me...

maybe they guy was asleep when he put it back together or something... what scares me is that this will happen again out of warranty...

bdr

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.