DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well my dad and i changed the Rear Diff fluid, the front diff fluid, and the T-case fluid today. My verdict about sand and mud possibly being in the Diffs from when i buried the D in a 4ft mudhole were correct...There wasnt loads of it, but once the fluid was out you could cleary see sand swirling around on top of the gear oil....I am glad to have gotten it all out, and next weekend i plan on pulling the covers to give the gears a full inspection. My reason for not pulling the covers today was i had not sprayed the bolts with a penetrator, and there is no way they will come off after being on for 7 years...I was suprised at how simple everything was, many places wanted nearly $200 for a front/rear diff fluid change, i did it for 5.99(cost of gear oil) haha.

-Matt

·
Hummer Recovery Vehicle
6,250 Posts
yep. you'd be suprised how much they make from people that are afraid to do it themselves, or else dont think they can do it. nice job

·
Patriot....
3,375 Posts
What kind of fluid did you use?

·
Keystoner
5,534 Posts
rule of thumb for fluid change is if you bury your axles under water. Good thing you got to it before it did any damage

·
Patriot....
3,375 Posts
good - just checking!

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Haha thanks, before i did the fluid changes my rear end was VERY loud, especially in 1st gear....Now i cant ever hear it, that sure is a relief lol.

·
Canadian Mopar Man
601 Posts
I am hearing something about a fluid called "purple" something for the diffs and transfer case. Ever hear of it?

:ylsuper:

·
Keystoner
5,534 Posts
I use it.... great stuff.

·
Loanshark
93 Posts
I need to change my diff fluid. Do you have any tips?

How much fluid did it take?

How did you drain/ refill it?

Do you have limited slip? If so did you use an additive?

Thanks in advance for any help.

·
Keystoner
5,534 Posts
loanshark said:
I need to change my diff fluid. Do you have any tips?

How much fluid did it take?

How did you drain/ refill it?

Do you have limited slip? If so did you use an additive?

Thanks in advance for any help.
this should help you out
http://www.geocities.com/dak2nv/gears.html

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.