DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 98 dakota sport with a 8.25 rear. So I changed my rear diff fluid with lucas full syn 75w-90 and it says that it already has the additive for limited slip. The next time I got on the highway the truck started to shake doing 45+ mph. Since the shaking didn't start till after changing the fluid i'm assuming that has something to do with it. I wasn't able to get the diff cover off due to a couple of stripped bolts. I tried a few different methods but to no success and I don't have the money to take it somewhere and have them take it off. So I just suctioned all the fluid out.
After reading multiple different forums i'm not entirely sure that I used the correct oil. Some have said that 75w-90 is fine others say 90w-140? add the limited slip additive even though lucas already has it?
Also to mention I bought the truck from a private owner about a year or so ago and it didn't come with owners manual. No idea when the fluid was last replaced and 18x,xxx miles on the truck
any and all help/advise is welcome and appreciated
thank you

·
Registered
150 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'll try adding the ls and see what that does. One thing I spaced and forgot to add was I only notice this symptom while I'm accelerating, but as soon as I let off the gas it subsides.
I know there are several things this could be, but because there were no symptoms before changing the fluid i feel like that should be whats causing it. I don't know maybe I'm thinking wrong.
thanks for the advise

·
Registered
150 Posts
Hard to diagnose shaking on a forum.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.