DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
2,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to remove my rear bumper and replace it with one piece of steel for
that smooth look.What do you call this part and where can I buy them.
I see them on trucks here but I cant think of what the part is called?
At 41 my mind is already going... :D

·
I'm Broke..
3,614 Posts
Your talking about a roll pan. Most any after market accessory store sells them but in my opinion sir michaels makes the best. Here is a link.

Click Here!

2,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I sat here for an hour and could not for the life of me think of that.lol
Thanks. I ordered the street scene front cover and grill inserts and thought
It would be nice to do something with the rear of the truck as well.I will
post pics when new parts are on.

Thank Again :rck:

2,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I love the look of that front bumper.I was looking at the srt 10 cover kit art
has on ebay and cost me 3 nights sleep wondering what I liked more. :dunno:
Snow is about to fly here in Iowa and the winter mods are going on.Front cover,rear rollpan and a new cam.Just cant decide on the grind yet,but I
will get to it soon.Thanks for the input and that truck of yours is one sweet
ride 450! :D :rck:

·
Registered
23,005 Posts
Also, so you know slammed1 can get you some good deals on rollpans and I think he can still get streetscene front bumpers too.

www.slammed1.com/contact

KB

·
Registered
23,005 Posts
My bad, forgot to type the rest. :)

KB

·
Yea, It's a Hemi
6,864 Posts

·
Banned
452 Posts
wouldnt recommend plastic.........go with the sir micheals steel pan........great quality

·
Yea, It's a Hemi
6,864 Posts
mottorammatal02 said:
wouldnt recommend plastic.........go with the sir micheals steel pan........great quality
Whats wrong with plastic? As long as you dont hit anything your fine.

·
Registered
23,005 Posts
Well if you get bumped with plastic you stand a chance at it flexing and maybe being okay. If its metal, its a done deal. :( I got tapped from behind in traffic a short while back, got out and the screw popped out of my lower portion of my rollpan and it was all crazy flexed. I pulled away from the idiot behind me and no damage, aside from a light scuff!

I was amazed, completely shocked. As it is my pan is fiberglass and I thought it was gonna be cracked and busted. So I got pretty lucky there. I know if it was metal it would have had a nice dent in it. I called this one no harm, no foul and and told the crying girl it was okay. Went home buffed it out, then tapped a new hole and it was good to go.

KB

·
Banned
452 Posts
not saying that there is anything wrong with plastic.....but i have always been told that steel will reflect a show quality shine...could be wrong since it was in a sir michaels pamplet

·
Banned
452 Posts
and in the winter the plastic wouldnt be flexible.........i just saw one last night and it was cracking all over the place

·
Registered
908 Posts
i vote metal, and i got mine from brian (slammed1)....it isnt sir micheals since i was told they require quite a bit more prep than the one i got from brian.

p.s. these pics are from the first custom paint job, not my go mango/cool vanilla paint scheme i have now.

couldnt resist:D

·
Registered
23,005 Posts
Yeah, the pans Brian had were flippin sweet. :rck:

KB

·
Registered
984 Posts
mottorammatal02 said:
and in the winter the plastic wouldnt be flexible.........i just saw one last night and it was cracking all over the place
I agree, if you live anywhere it gets cold, you'll have issues in the winter. This past winter I hit a Razor scooter with my front tire, it swung up and shattered the center of my front bumper. Getting it fiberglassed and painted was $275 from a good friend. (Actually just had all the fiberglassed/painted area lopped off last week when the dealer installed my plow).

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.