DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone attempted to install bucket seats for the second row? With 3 kids, it would be easier to access the third row this way. If there are any aftermarket seat that are compatible...please let me know.

·
Registered
3,722 Posts
Sure anything is possible but how would it make third row access easier? The backs of buckets would be higher. They likely would not fold all the way forward and if the mechanism would let them, the probably would hit the front seats so they could not fold flat. With that said, the Shelby had aftermarket buckets and here are some pictures of another (abet heavly modified read race modified) I believe Dave said he got the last of the rear seat mounts from Cerullo. http://www.greatassemblyrc.com/Dave/Durango/seats/

·
Keystoner
5,534 Posts
it looks sweet too. Check out the inside of the shelby. those particular seats are crazy expensive

·
Just being me
141 Posts
bigguy1nyc said:
Has anyone attempted to install bucket seats for the second row? With 3 kids, it would be easier to access the third row this way. If there are any aftermarket seat that are compatible...please let me know.
Are you looking for the space between the second row seats as in a minivan? I'm wondering if the center part of the second row in the durango could be removed to make it happen.

·
Banned
8,865 Posts
I was thinking the same thing. Just remove the center section of the 2nd row. You will have a nice path to the back then.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks...had the kids seats on there so long, I thought thought the middle was a part of one of the seats. Need to make room for #3. Thanks again!

·
Banned
8,865 Posts
huh?

:huh:

·
Registered
518 Posts
bigguy1nyc said:
The rear is one piece. Would have to break weld and cut bar holding row together.
We're talking about the 40/20/40 middle row seat that comes out of the truck in 3 pieces

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Went to take it apart the other day...the center section bracket is welded to floor bracket for left and right seats. It is also secured in the front by a bar(welded onto the seats) that runs across and through all 3 sections. 2001 SLT model. Have not consulted a Chilton...if anyone has had success taking out the middle section, I would appreciate any advice.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.